Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detained by Redmond Police

Post imported post

I can't give out too much info, but this was the most unprofessional conduct demonstrated by three officers of the Redmond PD towards me.

-Guns drawn on me

-pulled out of vehicle

-no explainations

-handcuffed immediately along with all other occuipants of my vehicle

-my sidearm seized without consent

-my wallet with IDs taken without my consent

-detained and questioned but not allowed to reply to questions asked or ask any of my own questions.

Opt-Out Members
    Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Best of luck with what will follow.

Post imported post

Sounds like there are no questions to answer. Lawyer up!

If they didn't arrest you, they didn't have proof in the first place to detain you in such a way. That's my thought.

Post no more, get council.

Post imported post

Going to call around in the morning.

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    I am starting to notice a trend with regards to the officers taking the wallet.

Maybe it is time (for some) to carry somewhat sterile? Meaning no ID in your wallet.

I have though of keeping mydrivers license in my car with the registration, instead of in my wallet.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    Going to call around in the morning.
    Randy w. Loun - Attorney at Law
    509 4th Street, Suite 6
    Bremerton, WA 98337
    360-377-7678
    360-792-1913

The above attorney has taken on cases of police misconduct regarding open carry from those of us on this board and is aware of our site/group.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    I can't give out too much info, but this was the most unprofessional conduct demonstrated by three officers of the Redmond PD towards me.

-Guns drawn on me

-pulled out of vehicle

-no explainations

-detained and questioned but not allowed to reply to questions asked or ask any of my own questions.
    1. Were you arrested?

2. Did you get your firearm back?

Post imported post

sounds like you just won the lottery...
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wow. Just wow. Naturally you will be filing a formal complaint along with lawyering up? This is assuming of course this was related to OC, which while implied is not formerly stated. For instance were you pulled over on the road, or in a parking lot? Any odd chance you met the description of a robbery suspect? Or a thousand and one other questions that come to mind. I appreciate keeping the details sparse, but I think you could reasonably share a little more without jeopardizing anything.

I'm guessing of course this was OC related, and if so this is major league suckage man. Really, really sucky. Hope all is well.

Post imported post

Good luck, it must have been a scary experience.

Post imported post

Pls keep us informed of what happens. I am not discouraged about incidents like this, it just seems like some of the police departments around our state need some formal training on the laws!

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Wow. Just wow. Naturally you will be filing a formal complaint along with lawyering up? This is assuming of course this was related to OC, which while implied is not formerly stated. For instance were you pulled over on the road, or in a parking lot? Any odd chance you met the description of a robbery suspect? Or a thousand and one other questions that come to mind. I appreciate keeping the details sparse, but I think you could reasonably share a little more without jeopardizing anything.

I'm guessing of course this was OC related, and if so this is major league suckage man. Really, really sucky. Hope all is well.

I know huh? Thought Redmond was up to speed. Apparently not... Yes, I'm filing a compliant and seeking counsel

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:

-Guns drawn on me

-pulled out of vehicle

-no explainations

1. Were you arrested?

2. Did you get your firearm back?

I'm sorry. I have answers but can't give them outright now, I did call Randy Loun just now, leaving a message for him.

Post imported post

http://nwcdl.org/FirearmLawyers.html

There are a couple of others on here you might want to call just for comparative purposes.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

-Man with gun call

-parking lot

-related to OC

-police insisted that my oc was"illegally fluanting" mygun which caused alarm and that any type of OC was illegal in this state because it causes public alarm. The officers contacted the911 caller, to see if he/she wanted to press charges against seeing my gun inthe open.

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    -Man with gun call

-parking lot

-related to OC

-police insisted that my oc was"illegally fluanting" mygun which caused alarm and that any type of OC was illegal in this state because it causes public alarm. The officers contacted the911 caller, to see if he/she wanted to press charges against seeing my gun inthe open.
    THAT sounds distinctly like a calculated response. Could we be witnessing a planned push back on the part of Redmond PD?

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:

-Man with gun call

-parking lot

-related to OC

-police insisted that my oc was"illegally flaunting" mygun which caused alarm and that any type of OC was illegal in this state because it causes public alarm. The officers contacted the911 caller, to see if he/she wanted to press charges against seeing my gun inthe open.

Holy Fourth Amendment Batman!

I don't recall any reference to "flaunting" anywhere in the RCW. If that's the case I should be arrested everytime I leave the house for being soo dang hot!

Post imported post

I called RPD this morning to get info on how to file a formal compliant. I officer who pick up the phone was very "nice" to me and started asking me details of the incident, personalwho/what/where/whystuff, I told him that Irather notgive that information to him directlyand only wanted info on filing procedure, he understood and I ended the conversation. I will seek counsel before I file a compliant.

I have two other witnesses in the car with me at the time who were also subjected to the same poor treatment I was

Post imported post

FOIA Request.... do it, do it now...

Request everything from the written reports, the radio traffic, the original 911 call and other record associated with this call.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

j2l3 wrote:
    FOIA Request.... do it, do it now...

Request everything from the written reports, the radio traffic, the original 911 call and other record associated with this call.
    Do I have go to the PD to request it??? Should I OC while doing it???

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Yes. OC? Yes, as long as your attorney is with you.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    ok, well if I do it today my attorney won't be present since I don't technical have one yet.

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    ok, well if I do it today my attorney won't be present since I don't technical have one yet.
    Gotta get that part fixed. An attorney would be very important right now. Do you mind telling where this incidence occurred? I have and do OC in Redmond (I'm in Bellevue as well), and would like to know where they acted so unprofessionally.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    Gotta get that part fixed. An attorney would be very important right now. Do you mind telling where this incidence occurred? I have and do OC in Redmond (I'm in Bellevue as well), and would like to know where they acted so unprofessionally.
    Attorneys don't generally work on saturday. This happened near crossroads, sears,microsoft, and next door to group health hospital

Post imported post

Right on the Redmond/Bellevue border.

Also, get any video from the patrol cards if any.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast