• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detained by Redmond Police

PolskiG

imported post

I can't give out too much info, but this was the most unprofessional conduct demonstrated by three officers of the Redmond PD towards me.

-Guns drawn on me

-pulled out of vehicle

-no explainations

-handcuffed immediately along with all other occuipants of my vehicle

-my sidearm seized without consent

-my wallet with IDs taken without my consent

-detained and questioned but not allowed to reply to questions asked or ask any of my own questions.

FMCDH

imported post

Sounds like there are no questions to answer. Lawyer up!

If they didn't arrest you, they didn't have proof in the first place to detain you in such a way. That's my thought.

Post no more, get council.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

PolskiG wrote:

I am starting to notice a trend with regards to the officers taking the wallet.

Maybe it is time (for some) to carry somewhat sterile? Meaning no ID in your wallet.

I have though of keeping mydrivers license in my car with the registration, instead of in my wallet.

just_a_car

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
Going to call around in the morning.
Randy w. Loun - Attorney at Law
509 4th Street, Suite 6
Bremerton, WA 98337
360-377-7678
360-792-1913

The above attorney has taken on cases of police misconduct regarding open carry from those of us on this board and is aware of our site/group.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

PolskiG wrote:
I can't give out too much info, but this was the most unprofessional conduct demonstrated by three officers of the Redmond PD towards me.

-Guns drawn on me

-pulled out of vehicle

-no explainations

-detained and questioned but not allowed to reply to questions asked or ask any of my own questions.

1. Were you arrested?

2. Did you get your firearm back?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Wow. Just wow. Naturally you will be filing a formal complaint along with lawyering up? This is assuming of course this was related to OC, which while implied is not formerly stated. For instance were you pulled over on the road, or in a parking lot? Any odd chance you met the description of a robbery suspect? Or a thousand and one other questions that come to mind. I appreciate keeping the details sparse, but I think you could reasonably share a little more without jeopardizing anything.

I'm guessing of course this was OC related, and if so this is major league suckage man. Really, really sucky. Hope all is well.

jbarri

imported post

Pls keep us informed of what happens. I am not discouraged about incidents like this, it just seems like some of the police departments around our state need some formal training on the laws!

:cuss:

PolskiG

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Wow. Just wow. Naturally you will be filing a formal complaint along with lawyering up? This is assuming of course this was related to OC, which while implied is not formerly stated. For instance were you pulled over on the road, or in a parking lot? Any odd chance you met the description of a robbery suspect? Or a thousand and one other questions that come to mind. I appreciate keeping the details sparse, but I think you could reasonably share a little more without jeopardizing anything.

I'm guessing of course this was OC related, and if so this is major league suckage man. Really, really sucky. Hope all is well.
I know huh? Thought Redmond was up to speed. Apparently not... Yes, I'm filing a compliant and seeking counsel

PolskiG

imported post

HankT wrote:
PolskiG wrote:

-Guns drawn on me

-pulled out of vehicle

-no explainations

1. Were you arrested?

2. Did you get your firearm back?

I'm sorry. I have answers but can't give them outright now, I did call Randy Loun just now, leaving a message for him.

PolskiG

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:

-Man with gun call

-parking lot

-related to OC

-police insisted that my oc was"illegally fluanting" mygun which caused alarm and that any type of OC was illegal in this state because it causes public alarm. The officers contacted the911 caller, to see if he/she wanted to press charges against seeing my gun inthe open.

FMCDH

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
-Man with gun call

-parking lot

-related to OC

-police insisted that my oc was"illegally fluanting" mygun which caused alarm and that any type of OC was illegal in this state because it causes public alarm. The officers contacted the911 caller, to see if he/she wanted to press charges against seeing my gun inthe open.
THAT sounds distinctly like a calculated response. Could we be witnessing a planned push back on the part of Redmond PD?

partyncwby

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
-Man with gun call

-parking lot

-related to OC

-police insisted that my oc was"illegally flaunting" mygun which caused alarm and that any type of OC was illegal in this state because it causes public alarm. The officers contacted the911 caller, to see if he/she wanted to press charges against seeing my gun inthe open.

Holy Fourth Amendment Batman!

I don't recall any reference to "flaunting" anywhere in the RCW. If that's the case I should be arrested everytime I leave the house for being soo dang hot!

PolskiG

imported post

I called RPD this morning to get info on how to file a formal compliant. I officer who pick up the phone was very "nice" to me and started asking me details of the incident, personalwho/what/where/whystuff, I told him that Irather notgive that information to him directlyand only wanted info on filing procedure, he understood and I ended the conversation. I will seek counsel before I file a compliant.

I have two other witnesses in the car with me at the time who were also subjected to the same poor treatment I was

j2l3

imported post

FOIA Request.... do it, do it now...

Request everything from the written reports, the radio traffic, the original 911 call and other record associated with this call.

PolskiG

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
FOIA Request.... do it, do it now...

Request everything from the written reports, the radio traffic, the original 911 call and other record associated with this call.
Do I have go to the PD to request it??? Should I OC while doing it???