• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detained by Redmond Police

Tawnos

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Yes. OC? Yes, as long as your attorney is with you.
ok, well if I do it today my attorney won't be present since I don't technical have one yet.
Gotta get that part fixed. An attorney would be very important right now. Do you mind telling where this incidence occurred? I have and do OC in Redmond (I'm in Bellevue as well), and would like to know where they acted so unprofessionally.

PolskiG

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Yes. OC? Yes, as long as your attorney is with you.
ok, well if I do it today my attorney won't be present since I don't technical have one yet.
Gotta get that part fixed. An attorney would be very important right now. Do you mind telling where this incidence occurred? I have and do OC in Redmond (I'm in Bellevue as well), and would like to know where they acted so unprofessionally.

Attorneys don't generally work on saturday. This happened near crossroads, sears,microsoft, and next door to group health hospital

civil_lib

imported post

I also have open-carried in that area, including inside Sears and Uwajimaya, without incident. On the surface this sounds like a gun-hater setup. The 911 operator tapes should determine if the 911 operator got the appropriate information from the caller, and GAVE the caller the appropriate responses.

I have OC several times in downtown Redmond without incident. That's why I think the 911 tapes are going to be key here.

opencary?

imported post

Does anybody remember this conversation with OP in this foum?

Manu wrote: [/b]
SpyderTattoo wrote:
PolskiG wrote:
You should have told mike f*** off
Yeah, 'cause that helps our cause and makes us look great... Don't be a dumbass. We need to act like mature adults when OC'ing in public. Say that to someone and we all look bad. :X
I totally agree with spydertattoo, we should do things to make them aware of our and their rights than making things worst by creating confrontations. and make all of us look bad.... there are polite and better ways to practice our rights

Do you remember this comment by you PolskiG?:

"Well i disagree with both of you. Just because I oc doesn't mean I representa groupor have to act like a boy scout while doing it."

opencary?

imported post

What about this?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/23085.html

I think Following are your comments dear PolskiG

One reason i carry is for comfort andI don't like sub-compact guns. You think I go around actingbeligerant? Nay my friends, nay. When people ask me about my carry method in aRUDE way I always answer, "you don't like it? Don't look!" I have yet to be arrested and will not expect anyone on this forum tosympathize for me if I do.

PolskiG

imported post

opencary? wrote:
What about this?

I think Following are your commnets dear PolskiG

One reason i carry is for comfort andI don't like sub-compact guns. You think I go around actingbeligerant? Nay my friends, nay. When people ask me about my carry method in aRUDE way I always answer, "you don't like it? Don't look!" I have yet to be arrested and will not expect anyone on this forum tosympathize for me if I do.

STATEMENT for my camp: I stand by what I say and have said in the past. As a member of this forum, I still feel that I have a duty to report and sharemy OC experience IN ANY FASHION that I choose to anyone that would like to read about it. IDON"T asked for ANY support, its nobody'sduty or responsiblity to give me any. Any opinions and answers are appreciated any comments or criticism is respected and noted. I chose to put on a gun that day, I chose to walk around in public that way, and I choose to fight this battle, if need be, by myself....and some other people.

Shalom,

Rabbi HerschelE.Steinberg

adamsesq

imported post

opencary? wrote:
Well i disagree with both of you. Just because I oc doesn't mean I representa groupor have to act like a boy scout while doing it.

Like it or not, when you open carry you DO represent a group. In the eyes of other members of society they will lump all of us together. It doesn't matter whether you think that is right or wrong, or whether you care or not, but they do. Any "attitude" you express is going to cause problems for all of us enforcing/exercising our rights.

-adamsesq

MadHatter66

imported post

opencary? wrote:
What about this?

One reason i carry is for comfort and I don't like sub-compact guns. You think I go around acting beligerant? Nay my friends, nay. When people ask me about my carry method in a RUDE way I always answer, "you don't like it? Don't look!" I have yet to be arrested and will not expect anyone on this forum to sympathize for me if I do.

Stop being a troll... Someone is relating their experience, not asking for sympathy... It helps the entire community to know what is going on out there, and where it is happening. If you don't like it, move on and don't click reply...

opencary?

imported post

MadHatter66 wrote:
opencary? wrote:
What about this?

Stop being a troll... Someone is relating their experience, not asking for sympathy... It helps the entire community to know what is going on out there, and where it is happening. If you don't like it, move on and don't click reply...
Is not being Troll if you will go to the said link you will find where exactly all this is coming from, Our fellow OCer was acting so arogant in that thread when somebody else was explaining his OC experiences.

opencary?

imported post

If OP remembers he kinda pissed of many other OCer that he got this in one fo replies:

[align=right]Joined:
Fri Dec 12th, 2008

Posted: Thu Mar 19th, 2009 08:32 am

He has already stated that he wouldn't expect support from others for his personal actions. Although I would disagree with his attitude, I do understand the if you don't like it don't look comment.He might not be the "ideal" open carrier but are we to start discriminating against who we would want to open carry? If so then we are just as wrong as those who think only LEO or Permitted people can carry.

That being said I strive to be even more of a nicer guy than I already am because I want people to focus on me as a nice person who happens to carry a gun.
[/align]
Sudden Valley gunner also posted this for him

When you get arrested and maybe the crap beat out of you by some police I hope you are not expecting members of this group to sympathize with your plight. Hopefully the cops will look at this site and realize that kind of attitude is not representative of us

PolskiG

imported post

adamsesq wrote:
opencary? wrote:
Well i disagree with both of you. Just because I oc doesn't mean I representa groupor have to act like a boy scout while doing it.

Like it or not, when you open carry you DO represent a group. In the eyes of other members of society they will lump all of us together. It doesn't matter whether you think that is right or wrong, or whether you care or not, but they do. Any "attitude" you express is going to cause problems for all of us enforcing/exercising our rights.

-adamsesq

I can go along with that. My attitude though represented while OCingis still mine. Lets be real here, I like to OC and not be bothered while doing it since apparently its legal. Thats as far as I've thought it through. This incident that happen to me is just a reason to assert and defendmy rights to lawfully carry a gun, plus, in the consideration of others who do the same,I will report my case as at progresses for informational purposes.

opencary?

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Sounds like time to organize a big event in Redmond........
True but who is going to organise one? or we should contact you and Manu to take care of things.. I have heard your last event was great

opencary?

imported post

Yes I did I am a regular at Manu's place in Des Moines. He showed that to me. Both of you guys did a great job. I am sure Manu will be ready too soon cuz tax season is over(He paid tons of tax) this year :Dbusy man.