• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCSU and UCONN empty holster day?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

My gf said she saw an article in the Courant about students at CCSU and UCONN doing an empty holster day or possibly week starting this Monday. I'm kind of surprised nothing has been posted here. Has anyone heard about this?

JDriver1.8t

imported post

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=56175158994&ref=mf

Third Empty Holster protest occurring from April 20th - 24th.
There are at least 18 universities participating in NC.

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus will hold its third national collegiate Empty Holster Protest during the week of April 20-24, 2009. Thousands of college students throughout the United States, organized under the banner of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC), will attend classes wearing empty holsters, in protest of state laws and school policies that stack the odds in favor of dangerous criminals and armed killers by disarming law abiding citizens licensed to carry concealed handguns virtually everywhere else.

The protest will focus on sharing the facts of concealed carry with students and faculty who may not be aware that concealed carry laws exist or that those laws differ on college campuses from most other locations.

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is a national, non-partisan, grassroots organization comprised of over 38,000 college students, college faculty members, parents of college students, and concerned citizens who believe that holders of concealed handgun permits should enjoy the same rights on college campuses that current laws afford them virtually everywhere else. SCCC is dedicated to persuading state governments and school administrators to approve laws and campus policies that will grant all citizens with concealed handgun licenses the right to carry their concealed handguns on college campuses. SCCC is not affiliated with the NRA, a political party, or any other organization.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=56175158994&ref=mf

Third Empty Holster protest occurring from April 20th - 24th.
There are at least 18 universities participating in NC.

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus will hold its third national collegiate Empty Holster Protest during the week of April 20-24, 2009. Thousands of college students throughout the United States, organized under the banner of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC), will attend classes wearing empty holsters, in protest of state laws and school policies that stack the odds in favor of dangerous criminals and armed killers by disarming law abiding citizens licensed to carry concealed handguns virtually everywhere else.

The protest will focus on sharing the facts of concealed carry with students and faculty who may not be aware that concealed carry laws exist or that those laws differ on college campuses from most other locations.

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is a national, non-partisan, grassroots organization comprised of over 38,000 college students, college faculty members, parents of college students, and concerned citizens who believe that holders of concealed handgun permits should enjoy the same rights on college campuses that current laws afford them virtually everywhere else. SCCC is dedicated to persuading state governments and school administrators to approve laws and campus policies that will grant all citizens with concealed handgun licenses the right to carry their concealed handguns on college campuses. SCCC is not affiliated with the NRA, a political party, or any other organization.

I'm not really up on SCCC, so if you can help me out a little... Do you guys gives school security and administration a heads up? I'd love to participate, but I really don't have time to be held for questioning and arrested on bull shit charges just for wearing a holster (this is CT after all).

JDriver1.8t

imported post

We ask that the campus leaders alert what ever authorities that should be alerted, be it campus police or administrators.

There is nothing illegal about an empty holster, and you are not required to get permission to freely express your beliefs.

You could also inform your professors of your intentions just so they are aware.

hunter45

imported post

I'm definitely going to carry my Serpa next week. I'm also thinking about carrying empty magazines in my new magazine pouch. Do you guys think I should do that, or is that going a little too far?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

JDriver1.8t wrote:
There is nothing illegal about an empty holster, and you are not required to get permission to freely express your beliefs.

Legality never stopped the police. :quirky That's what worries me.

I'll try to find out if anyone else from my school is doing it.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I'm definitely going to carry my Serpa next week. I'm also thinking about carrying empty magazines in my new magazine pouch. Do you guys think I should do that, or is that going a little too far?

I would not carry an empty magazine. I actually think it is a bad idea. A magazine usually goes in something, and gives a very good reason for you to be stopped. Go ahead and carry the pouch, but leave it empty.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

hunter45 wrote:

I would not carry an empty magazine. I actually think it is a bad idea. A magazine usually goes in something, and gives a very good reason for you to be stopped. Go ahead and carry the pouch, but leave it empty.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
My gf said she saw an article in the Courant about students at CCSU and UCONN doing an empty holster day or possibly week starting this Monday. I'm kind of surprised nothing has been posted here. Has anyone heard about this?
I do an empty holster day every single day I am on campus at Bellevue College in Bellevue Washington. I am asked about my holster at least once a day. I gladly tell them that I am a gun owner and open carrier who is currently a potential mad gunman victim since I cannot carry on campus. I get the usual "That's what security and the police are for!" to which I respond "Tell that to the 32 victims at VT!"