Thread: The Strength of the Open Carry Movement???

Post imported post

I am curious regarding just how many people open carry on a daily basis, collectively, accross the U.S. Anyone want to hazzard a guess?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

You really want to know? Check the Virginia OC forum. It's the most active forum on the site if I read the numbers correctly. God Bless the Commonwealth.

Post imported post

Well just to let you know i am one of many who open carry in the state of Idaho. Glock 17 and Taurus pt 1911.

Post imported post

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:
    Ooooh, sorry buster81, you were off by 3. But thanks for playing! LOL!

That could be a valid # as any would be. No one will really know how many LAC's carry openly. I know I do..thats one that I'm positive of!

Activist Member

Post imported post

I think there are a lot of people that occasionally open carry or do so when they go outdoors, or under other fairly limited circumstances.

Not counting people who open carry for their job(law enforcement, security etc.,) it seems there are only a handful of people in each area that actually carry openly on a daily basis in urban environments.

There are probably a very large number of people who normally carry concealed however who may on rare occasions open carry or who would like to be able to open carry should they choose.

Depending on how you measure it the numbers of the movement could vary a lot.

Post imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:
    I am curious regarding just how many people open carry on a daily basis, collectively, accross the U.S. Anyone want to hazzard a guess?
    Like the Dukes?

I will hazard a guess, though - 263,855

Banned

Post imported post

several in hazzard county

Post imported post

I was at in and out burgers last Saturday and saw two others OCing, went to Wallyworld and saw another one.

Post imported post

The strength of open carriers nation wide can't be measured in daily OCers yet. What needs to happen is more police departments need to get educated. As this happens, more gun owners will jump out of the woodwork. People are afraid of police departments in many states, and this is why OCing is having trouble becoming common again.

The more cops learn they will get sued if they mess with us, the more logarithmically it will become popularized. The more the police know it's legal, the more people will do it. The more people do it, the more people will see it, and decide to do it too.

With a few small exceptions, the national news media isn't going to inform everyone for us, so the job of educating police and indeed everyone else is for those of us who open carry as much as possible.

Lately, I have become very interested in Dave Ridley style litter clean ups on crowded roads that go through many cities, because of the potential for extreme visibility and indeed having the cops called on us, causing them to get educated. I think the best way to go is pick an area people are afraid to OC in, then show up in large numbers and do it in front of everyone. I encourage everyone who legally can to do this form of activism.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.