Thread: My Open Carry Experience

Post imported post

So, the family and I got done at the range. We had to make a stop to get rid of coffee @ the local Pilot Truck Stop in Oak Grove, KY.

So, I went inside & forgot I hadn't untucked my shirt after leaving the range.

Nobody said anything :shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

You'll find this is normally the case. More often than not I just get comments and questions about OC.

Post imported post

catass wrote

I hadn't untucked my shirt after leaving the range.
    I am going to pretend I didn`t read this. I would hate to think you were training different than you carry.

Post imported post

Great, I've been looking all over this forum to see if anyone is open carrying in Christian County. Specifically Oak grove, Hopkinsville area. I've actually seen one or two people do it out this way but I'm alittle hesitant myself. Just bought me an XD 40 thinking of open carrying until my FL CCW lic comes in. Any good advice? What range did you go to?

Banned

Post imported post

Fred wrote:
    Great, I've been looking all over this forum to see if anyone is open carrying in Christian County. Specifically Oak grove, Hopkinsville area. I've actually seen one or two people do it out this way but I'm alittle hesitant myself. Just bought me an XD 40 thinking of open carrying until my FL CCW lic comes in. Any good advice? What range did you go to?
    Why not get the KY permit? It's a resident permit. It's good in as many states, it's cheaper, and it arrives in a timely fashion.

Post imported post

Live in kentucky but I'm not really a resident there. Myorganization base is in kentucky so I work and live there for now but I move around alot. Going with the florida non resident permit cause its good in so many places