• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CONCEALED CARRY

GLOCKMAN40

Anderson IN

imported post

GLOCKMAN40 wrote:
WOW, found this in the speedway code, doe's this trump Indiana codes.
9.08.020 Concealed unlawful.

It is unlawful for any individual to carry a concealed firearm within the town limits(Ord. 358 § 2, 1966).
Chapter 9.08 FIREARMS

9.08.010 Discharge unlawful.*

9.08.020 Concealed unlawful.

9.08.030 Minors carrying unlawful.

9.08.040 Danger to person or property.

9.08.045 Use of air- or gas-propelled weapons on public property.

9.08.050 Firearm impoundment--Evidence.
I would have to assume that any local government can set up the laws as they wish. It would be up to the voting public to change those laws/those that enacted them in the first place if the wish! :cuss:

squisher

imported post

Speedway and Gary are the only places where state preemption does not apply -- their ordinances were in place before the grandfather date.

I've never heard of the Speedway ordinance being enforced however. (Obviously that's not free reign to ignore it).

I bet it's a remnant of something that people have largely forgotten about so it just hasn't been removed.

Maybe someone who lives there (or near there?) ought to introduce something in whatever the local governing body is that would clean it up.

If I lived there I would, but since I don't live there I don't know that I have any grounds to start any action like that.

templar223

imported post

I was there last year and toured the place and the museum, armed as usual. Had no idea about the law there.

I think the most prudent course of action would be not to have it during race weekends while inside the speedway and use common sense as always during other times.

John