Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Popped my OC Cherry

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    Well I finally did it. Friday night I went to Menards in Jackson. Was in there for about 30-34 min, without a problem. As far as I know nobody even noticed.

    Went to Walmart and Sam's Club today in Jackson...not even as glance from anyone.

    Don't you have to have a CPL to OC in a place that sells alcohol (i.e. - Walmart, Sam's Club)?

  2. #2
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445

    Post imported post

    T Vance wrote:
    Well I finally did it. Friday night I went to Menards in Jackson. Was in there for about 30-34 min, without a problem. As far as I know nobody even noticed.

    Went to Walmart and Sam's Club today in Jackson...not even as glance from anyone.

    Don't you have to have a CPL to OC in a place that sells alcohol (i.e. - Walmart, Sam's Club)?
    Yes. If you don't have a CPL you can't OC in Mejiers, Walmart or Sams club if they sell any alcohol.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    Thought about that after the fact. Opps!

  4. #4
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445

    Post imported post

    T Vance wrote:
    Thought about that after the fact. Opps!
    Lucky, next time think about the places you are going...do they sell alcohol...hummmmm.... No...then good to go. Many convenience and gas store sell beer so they are off limits. It sucks, that's why a CPL makes it so much easier to OC.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    Applied...waiting

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    Won't make that mistake again. Think I'll just hold off on the OC until I get the CPL

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melvindale, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4

    Post imported post

    Hey Hello to all......... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA me to finally did it .......wow what a nervous wreck I was but did it . I OCED at Cabellas in Dundee Today and walked right in had alot of looks I mean alot of lookstalked to about 6 people who worked there looking for things and they all noticed I was OCing never said anything had other people stare but no complaints had even a complament about my Pistol after that went to Gander MTN In taylor still no problems..................... thanks to all my fellow OCers for helping me with my confadence and obaying the law the right way Thanx again

  8. #8
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    Welcome Ozman101
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    Welocme to OCDO Ozman101

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    Lucky, next time think about the places you are going...do they sell alcohol...hummmmm.... No...then good to go. Many convenience and gas store sell beer so they are off limits. It sucks, that's why a CPL makes it so much easier to OC.
    Here are a few other OC questions I have while I think about.

    1) If you can't CC in a bar, but you can OC if you have a CPL, then why can you CC or OCin a store that sells alcohol if you have a CPL but you can't OC if you don't have a CPL?

    2) If you don't have a CPL you have to store your firearm away while you drive. What if you are on your own private propertyand you are OCing while on a riding lawn mower...would you need a CPL for that, or does it not matter because you are on your own private property?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melvindale, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4

    Post imported post

    Thanx to all good to be apart of something good for a change

  12. #12
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445

    Post imported post

    T Vance wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Lucky, next time think about the places you are going...do they sell alcohol...hummmmm.... No...then good to go. Many convenience and gas store sell beer so they are off limits. It sucks, that's why a CPL makes it so much easier to OC.
    Here are a few other OC questions I have while I think about.

    1) If you can't CC in a bar, but you can OC if you have a CPL, then why can you CC or OCin a store that sells alcohol if you have a CPL but you can't OC if you don't have a CPL?

    2) If you don't have a CPL you have to store your firearm away while you drive. What if you are on your own private propertyand you are OCing while on a riding lawn mower...would you need a CPL for that, or does it not matter because you are on your own private property?
    1) Two statutes. First one was no firearms in the places listed in .234d, except with a CPL, which when written meant concealed in those places with a CPL. Then came the CPL which basically took most of thelisted in .234d and included them in the newer CPL law and said you can't carry concealed in those places. But they may or may not of forgotabout the CPL exemption in the first statute, hummm what to do? oh ask the AG. The attorney general looked it over andshe opined that since a CPL holder is exempted in those places, but you can'tcarry concealed you have to carry open. Weird but true.

    2) On your own property:

    750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.

    Sec. 227.

    (1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business or on other land possessed by the person.

    (2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    2) On your own property:

    750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.

    Sec. 227.

    (1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business or on other land possessed by the person.

    (2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.
    For some reason, legal "mumbo jumbo" confuses me...By this I'm assuming that I CAN OC without a CPL on my private property while on a riding mower.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jackson, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    T Vance wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    2) On your own property:

    750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.

    Sec. 227.

    (1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business or on other land possessed by the person.

    (2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.
    For some reason, legal "mumbo jumbo" confuses me...By this I'm assuming that I CAN OC without a CPL on my private property while on a riding mower.
    Yes you can. You can OC, CC, in any manner you would like on your own land.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Not on this website, USA
    Posts
    2,482

    Post imported post

    Thanks for claryfying

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •