Thread: New to forum / Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post imported post

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I'm from the Santa Rosa (Sonoma County) area. I'm also an NRA life member.

I'm still learning about the pros and cons of OC from a strictly online research position at this time.

I was wondering if there might be any other OC practitioners in my area who can offer some insight and possibly buddy up with.

Thanks

SoulGrind

State Researcher

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum.

A great place to start your research is www.californiaopencarry.org.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Thanks - Thats how I found this site as a matter of fact.

Post imported post

Welcome, I have friends in Santa Rosa, having moved from there not to long ago.

I had a few encounters with some LEO's there and I must stress Be Careful.

Seemsmany of the officers from SRPD don't fully know or respect certain laws

or people. So I would without a doubt have a recording device and atleast one person with me when OCing. Plus when you have more people with you, you appear as less of a 'danger'. unless ofcourse you are all wearing red/blue.

Post imported post

Welcome to the UOC world in California,

I am also in the Santa Rosa Area. Aside from the less then friendly attitude of the Local law enforcement the town is very heavy in school zones and most places you would like to UOC are well with in the 1000' no go zones.

Not trying to scare you out of the idea of UOC but this area is one where a buddy system is highly recommend.

Post imported post

sorry to dig up a semi old thread, but this will be my first post. i have been lurking around this site for a few weeks on and off.
    Now for the reason to dig up this thread; i am also in Santa Rosa, and have been considdering UOC since i got my handgun and researched it. 85-90% of the ca posting on here are for socal. and would definately like to be able to meet others in the area as, well to do our part to spread the word.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Mudcamper is up near you and he's extremely knowledgeable about open carrying. There are quite a few of us in the bay area, three of which carry regularly in the south bay.

If you're thinking about UOCing, I'd recommend meeting up with somebody who has been doing it for a while and is well versed in the various idiosyncrasies of the law. But if you can't find anybody, make sure you stay out of any school zones, make sure you tuck in your shirt so nobody can claim your firearm was covered up, and make sure you stay out of public buildings and you should be okay.

You should definitely carry a voice recorder and have a friendly witness with you if you go it alone. Never leave your house without your voice recorder (or two).

Oh, and watch pullnshoot25's videos, which are somewhere around here.

Post imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:

Oh, and watch pullnshoot25's videos, which are somewhere around here.
    i must have watched his vids 1000 times lol. he and his brother were a great help.