• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's again!

Jubbie

imported post

I hadn't gotten to that site yet this morning, I don't really play on the web on the weekends. Surprising it already has 11 pages in the thread. Someone early on mentioned having an OC meetup there, guess they aren't a member of this forum, or else they'd have known about when we had one at Cabela's. Looks like I'll have to walk over there more often & OC. My guess is it's a new worker who lives in Illinois. I've had a couple experiences with Illinoisans who freak out by a firearm not locked up. Just thinking ahead, but there might be a HUGE OC meetup at Cabela's soon.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GLOCKMAN40 wrote:
I WON'T BE SHOPPING THERE NO TIME SOON , NOT UNTIL THEY CHANGE THIER WAYS!!..

I've personally talked to Cabela's corporate over this issue.

The corporate policy is to allow all forms of carry that are legal in the state. The way we resolved this in MI was to contact the manager and inquire about the formal corporate policy. This caused the general manager to inquire and learn the corporate policy himself. He then contacted me, and re-educated the employees to make sure they were up to speed.

We haven't had a problem since.

Skippy

imported post

The Hammond Cabela's has been through this numerous times. They have had plenty of last chances. They continue to pull the same stunt every few months. I, for one, will take my business elsewhere as they obviously don't need my money.