• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll - Should D.H.S. chief step down?

spy1

suntzu

imported post

spy1 wrote:
Okay - let me ask you this then (since there's no apparent interest in the poll I posted a link to above): how many of you have written/called/emailed/FAX'ed your Senators and Representatives demanding Napolitano's resignation?

Anyone?

Anyone?

http://www.theorator.com/senate.html

http://www.theorator.com/government/house.html

Why not? Pete

http://www.alarmandmuster.com/Home.html
not only did I hit the poll, but I am preparing a letter to send to my Congressman/senators now.

rpyne

imported post

spy1 wrote:
Okay - let me ask you this then (since there's no apparent interest in the poll I posted a link to above):
Good Grief, what do you expect between late night and early morning. Most of us actually need to sleep at night.

Like the other poster, I, too, have hit the poll and am preparing a letter, which will have no real effect, to my Senators.

spy1

imported post

That's fantastic! Let's do it!

In the spirit of "putting my money where my mouth is", I just sent the following FAX to BOTH of my Senators AND my Representative (yes, their FAX lines are open on weekends, too):

===========

Janet Napolitano is a DISGRACE to her Office AND her COUNTRY

Just in the short amount of time she’s been there, she has refused to do ANYTHING to actually protect this country by helping seal the border AND she has directed the REWARDING of illegal immigrants with WORK PERMITS and Chauffeur-service at taxpayer expense – as well as ordering a HALT to I.C.E raids of suspected illegal alien workplaces in the U.S.

Furthermore, her recent “report” on “potential terrorists” has targeted every TRUE PATRIOT in this country and attempted to CHILL both free speech and freedom-of-expression.

As your constituent, I urge you in the strongest possible terms to demand that womans’ RESIGNATION.

Failing that, I urge you to seek ways to have her brought up on charges for being a TRAITOR to this country, or for dereliction of duty in her designated post.

Thank you.

(Signed)

=============================

Feel free to use it for your own FAX/email, if you wish. Pete

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

spy1

imported post

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/04/21/janet-napolitano-said-what/

"Janet Napolitano said what?
By Michelle Malkin • April 21, 2009 08:59 AM

She said this on CNN over the weekend:

KING: A lot of Democrats in Congress want to you investigate [Joe Arpaio]. They think he is over the line. He says he is just enforcing the law and the problem is the federal government.

NAPOLITANO: Well, you know, Sheriff Joe, he is being very political in that statement, because he knows that there aren’t enough law enforcement officers, courtrooms or jail cells in the world to do what he is saying.

What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery.

And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.

Full transcript here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/19/sotu.01.html

Julie Kirchner gently reminds the DHS Secretary of what the law actually says:

ENTRY WITHOUT INSPECTION IS A CRIME: In fact, pursuant to 8 U.S.C. 1325, crossing the border illegally is a crime–a misdemeanor for the first offense and a felony for the second and subsequent offenses. But of course, ignoring or mischaracterizing the law is a very convenient way for those in power to avoid the laws they find most inconvenient. Sadly, statements such as these are also a signal that Americans will have to wait a long time before their government articulates any credible immigration enforcement policy.

Jena McNeill at The Foundry sees through Napolitano’s parsing:

This ‘interpretation’ of the law by Secretary Napolitano seems to be the latest in an effort by the Obama Administration to scale back interior immigration enforcement efforts in the United States. As recently as March 28th, Napolitano made the decision to delay a series of immigration raids and other workplace actions aimed at finding illegal workers. At the same time, both President Obama and Secretary Napolitano have announced new initiatives intending to send the message that they take the issues at the southern border seriously. But the Administration cannot fight cartels while ignoring illegal immigration—people smuggling is part of the problem, not a separate issue. Legalization will only make matters worse. Granting the people here illegally asylum will only encourage more illegal border crossing. Likewise, failing to enforce workplace and immigration laws will only encourage more to ignore the law.

Yep, that’s The Plan."

========================================

Getting mad yet? Pete

GWbiker

imported post

Should Janet step down as D.H.S. chief -- Yes.

But puleeeeeze don't her back to Arizona.....:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Spectre

imported post

suntzu wrote:
spy1 wrote:
Okay - let me ask you this then (since there's no apparent interest in the poll I posted a link to above): how many of you have written/called/emailed/FAX'ed your Senators and Representatives demanding Napolitano's resignation?

Anyone?

Anyone?

http://www.theorator.com/senate.html

http://www.theorator.com/government/house.html

Why not? Pete

http://www.alarmandmuster.com/Home.html
not only did I hit the poll, but I am preparing a letter to send to my Congressman/senators now. 

Ditto

Armed

imported post

spy1 wrote:
That's fantastic! Let's do it!

In the spirit of "putting my money where my mouth is", I just sent the following FAX to BOTH of my Senators AND my Representative (yes, their FAX lines are open on weekends, too):

===========
[Armed - clipped for brevity]
=============================

Feel free to use it for your own FAX/email, if you wish. Pete
Thanks for the lettter - I'll use yours.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
JosephMingle wrote:
Done with both. I can't believe 40% of Savage's readers think she should remain in office.
I can't believe Savage fans can read.

Oh, sure they can. Comprehension is what they still lack after sounding out the words.

:D

Dahwg

imported post

Janet.. AKA "The Nappy One" is Arizona's contribution to "Change"... ROFLMAO... if she gets canned it's a double win for us- we got rid of her as Governor, and we get rid of her as DHS chief.