• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC having a vote in Congress

suntzu

imported post

I urge you all to take a moment and call/fax/email your Congressional Reps and let them know how you feel on the DC voting act which they are trying to push through...

There are several things wrong with the bill--but primarily the two biggest issues are:
Article 1 of the Constitution of the United States.

The second biggest issue--and the one which most directly affects the reason for this board--is the continued resistance in D.C to allowing the residents thereof to exercise their rights guaranteed to them under the Second Amendment. The "district" in the infinite wisdom of their "politicians" want to have a vote in Congress while denying the rights of the Constitution to its' residents...the people of D.C have a right to both keep AND bear arms, not just keep them "if the District says you can"....the entire D.C council is composed of hypocrites.

The purpose behind all of this is to grant defacto statehood to D.C while denying the Constitutional rights afforded to each citizen--and it is simply wrong. It is an abrogation of the Constitution to even think of allowing D.C a vote in Congress, and I would ask everyone to write your reps a nice well written letter and let them know how you feel-or if you feel that D.C should have a vote in Congress--then at least make it known to them that the Second Amendment Provision should be left intact and not removed from the bill.