• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Phoenix Metro OC dinner

kenpoprofessor

imported post

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75410

If anyone is interested in this, keep up with the thread or join in on AZS to cast your vote. The last one we had this last Friday went over remarkably well with 22 gun totin', hungry guys and gals freakin' out the sheeple
icon_smile_cool.gif

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75410

If anyone is interested in this, keep up with the thread or join in on AZS to cast your vote. The last one we had this last Friday went over remarkably well with 22 gun totin', hungry guys and gals freakin' out the sheeple
icon_smile_cool.gif

Clyde

Sounds yummy to me, I will have to wear some stretch pants :celebrate. I will do my best to get out of work to get some grub.

sig.jpg

GWbiker

imported post

Above pictures were of the Dinner Saturday evening (5/09) at the Golden Corral, W.Northern ave, Glendale. About 30 people and their guns attended.

There was no panic, no 911 calls and no Police SWAT response.

Conversation and food was pretty good.:cool:

Another dinner coming up in June. Stay tuned.

Dahwg

imported post

Dustin posted these up on Facebook saw them there. Just Awesome! I need to try to make it up for the next one. I just am not a big fan of the drive up. Bah maybe I can combine it with a trip the Arizona Mills and get me a new pair of Oakleys. Thanks for posting these pics.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Y'all look like a bunch'a chubster Californians. Whats up with the short pants 'n flip flops? That shortie AR-15 is a bit much. I mean... REALLY? :?

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Well, I don't wear flip-flops, but as far as the shorts, it's a hundred and five fricken' degrees! What the hell are you supposed to wear?

I wasn't there, just saying.

As far as the AR, it wouldn't be my choice, but I was unaware of any restrictions regarding exactly what type of arms you may bear in the 2nd amendment.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Long pants absorb moisture and then cool by way of evaporation. Short pants just allow evaporation...and rapiddehydration... same with t-shirts. This ain't Miami... it's the high plains Sonora Desert. Same desert it's always been. Leather boots work better than those 'plastic' sneakers as well. Leather breathes. Neckerchiefs also add to evap/cooling... beside keepin' sweat from runnin down yer crack. It's only 101 here now...

'Cowboy up'... it's been workin' for the past 150 years here.

Stuff like the AR is 'grandstanding'... and does nothing but draw attention. Yeah... it's legal... but WTF?

GWbiker

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Long pants absorb moisture and then cool by way of evaporation. Short pants just allow evaporation...and rapiddehydration... same with t-shirts. This ain't Miami... it's the high plains Sonora Desert. Same desert it's always been. Leather boots work better than those 'plastic' sneakers as well. Leather breathes. Neckerchiefs also add to evap/cooling... beside keepin' sweat from runnin down yer crack. It's only 101 here now...

Stuff like the AR is 'grandstanding'... and does nothing but draw attention. Yeah... it's legal... but WTF?
Hey Rebel, why don't you join us in Phoenix next time, n' show us how to dress and what gun to carry? ;)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'm too far south to come baby-sit a bunch'a townies, or I would. I call 'em likeI see 'em... and I know grandstanding when I see that.

Michigander

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

I've seen some similar OC in Phoenix. A sword, a Serbu super shorty type shot gun,full lengthrifles, some people do it, and not a whole lot of people seem to care. The valley is the only urban area I know of where it's a socially acceptable thing to do.

Pretty obnoxious, but I'm glad that the right exists.

crisisweasel

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:

I don't care what people wear personally, but I get ganged up on all the time by the surroundings.

If I wore flip flops, I give three minutes before a chunk of cholla has attached itself to my foot.

If I wear shorts, it's going to be about as long before there's more blood than a horror film.

I may sweat like a bastard, but it's jeans and, at minimum, hiking shoes, for me. Wool flannel provides moderate amounts of armor, especially in cooler weather.

I marvel at how many people walk around here with shorts and flip flops, impervious either to danger or pain, I don't know. Or maybe it's because I just find myself randomly walking into patches of scrubby desert all the time while others lead more normal, sane lives.

It reminds me of an Easter Sunday when I was quite young, and while we were waiting for the women to get ready, my grandfather took me walking up on the slagpiles ('colm banks') - big hills of black sooty coal waste - near his home, where he used to work. I was in a suit.

My mother was overjoyed. But of course my grandfather and father were quite clean.

I was covered in coal dust.

Yeah, I know, personal problem.

As for the cowboy thing, trust me Sonora Rebel, not everyone can pull that off. I get what you're saying, but if you encountered my very Yankee self in that getup, you'd probably have a seizure, and rightly so, once you heard me speak.

Instead, I try to dress like Norm Abrams. That seems to work well here.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

This Saturday, Golden Corral, 76th Ave and Thomas Road in Phx. It is on the south side of Thomas Road, West of 75th Ave.
7pm, We have have the room right now, and might be able to get the rest.

It's on again folks, and for those that didn't take well to my AR OC, it ain't alwaysabout you.

Clyde

GWbiker

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
This Saturday, Golden Corral, 76th Ave and Thomas Road in Phx. It is on the south side of Thomas Road, West of 75th Ave.

It's on again folks, and for those that didn't take well to my AR OC, it ain't alwaysabout you.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day, Clyde
Count is up to 31, possibly 38. Golden Corral is in the Desert Sky Mall area.

I attended the last OC dinner meet in Phoenix. There was no panic, no screams of MWAG, no 911 calls, no children were traumatized by the sight of a hand gun, thus needing state funded therapy in order to function later in life.......:uhoh:

just good food and a friendly group of firearm carrying Arizona citizens.:celebrate

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Love the "kempo" look! Need to get me one of those!

GWbiker

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
kenpoprofessor wrote:

I attended the last OC dinner meet in Phoenix. There was no panic, no screams of MWAG, no 911 calls, no children were traumatized by the sight of a hand gun, thus needing state funded therapy in order to function later in life.......:uhoh:

just good food and a friendly group of firearm carrying Arizona citizens.:celebrate
Bumpty, bumpty bump.

Today, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 7PM. Golden Corral Restaurant at Desert Sky Mall, West Thomas and 76th ave. Just north of I-10. it's an open carry event. :what:

Dahwg

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
kenpoprofessor wrote:

It's on again folks, and for those that didn't take well to my AR OC, it ain't always about you.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day,  Clyde

Bumpty, bumpty bump.

Today, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 7PM. Golden Corral Restaurant at Desert Sky Mall, West Thomas and 76th ave. Just north of I-10. it's an open carry event. :what:

Can't make it. Hope you guys post some pics! Need to do a Tucson one soon, or perhaps meet in Casa Grande for a more central location where everyone can get involved.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
kenpoprofessor wrote:

Bumpty, bumpty bump.

Can't make it. Hope you guys post some pics! Need to do a Tucson one soon, or perhaps meet in Casa Grande for a more central location where everyone can get involved.

Hey Dahwg, we were discussing the CG and Tucson thing last night. We had 40+ last night, and many who said they were going to show weren't there for various reasons.

Looking forward to the next one, and might get some pics up this afternoon.

Clyde