Post imported post

can i be denied my application for a chp if i recieved a dui

Post imported post

I doubt it

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

stock91lx wrote:
    can i be denied my application for a chp if i recieved a dui

You can read the disqualifications at the link below. If you still have a question, feel free to ask. I would copy and paste them here, but the list is a little long.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+18.2-308

PS: Puncuation and capitalization help.

Edited to add: Youmight look closely at this section: 18.2-308.E.9:

9. An individual who has been convicted of a violation of § 18.2-266 or a substantially similar local ordinance or of public drunkenness within the three-year period immediately preceding the application, or who is a habitual drunkard as determined pursuant to § 4.1-333.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

§ 4.1-333. Interdiction of intoxicated driver or habitual drunkard. A. When after a hearing upon due notice it appears to the satisfaction of the circuit court of any county or city that any person, residing within such county or city, has been convicted of driving any automobile, truck, motorcycle, engine or train while intoxicated or has shown himself to be an habitual drunkard, the court may enter an order of interdiction prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages to such person until further ordered. The court entering any such order shall file a copy of the order with the Board.

Man, what are we going to do about those drunk train drivers?

Post imported post

Yes, 3 years have to elapse from date of DUI conviction.

DOH!! guess I should have read Citizens post....am just so used to ignoring him.:P
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Edited to delete question. I looked it up and answered it myself, like I should have done in the first place.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I wonder if you could get it expunged or anything hmm

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Yes, 3 years have to elapse from date of DUI conviction.

DOH!! guess I should have read Citizens post....am just so used to ignoring him.:P
    Who?

Post imported post

Virginia does not expunge records with convictions, only arrests without a conviction or acquittal.

Post imported post

kenny wrote:
    Virginia does not expunge records with convictions, only arrests without a conviction or acquittal.
    hmm I guess that he will have to wait then bummer:?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    hmm I guess that he will have to wait then bummer:?
    Call VA State Police and ask them if you disqualify. It can't hurt. The worst you'll get is a "Nope."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
    SNIP Call VA State Police and ask them if you disqualify. It can't hurt. The worst you'll get is a "Nope."
    Ahhhhhhhh!! Heresy!!

It is longstanding wisdom on this board not to ask police anything about legalities. Too often they get it wrong or give skewed answers, deliberately or otherwise.

Best to do your own research or ask an attorney.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote
    hhhhhhhh!! Heresy!!

It is longstanding wisdom on this board not to ask police anything about legalities. Too often they get it wrong or give skewed answers, deliberately or otherwise.

Best to do your own research or ask an attorney.
    Personally I have found the staff at the VSP Firearms Unit to be very friendly and helpful. I guess it is all in how you approach them.

So I suggest you try the nice approach, after all the workers are civilians, not Troopers.