• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky Hunting Forums

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Under normal circumstances, I'd take care of this myself, but I figured, Kentucky gun (hunting) forum, maybe needs a true Kentuckian to handle this. (I'm close but not quite, having parents from Kentucky, being born in Indiana, and living in Michigan.) Besides, I figured one of more of you could address this far better than I, having OC experience in Kentucky, which I do not.

Check out this thread, and if any of you fine OCing Kentucky men and women feel like it, give them what for. :)

http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77427

Oh, the reason I posted this is in the opening message.

Principle and Undeniable Fact #9: While Kentucky is an open-carry state, carrying a firearm in plain view would give an advantage to the bad guys. They would know who to come after first if there were multiple prey available to them. Or, if an individual is the sole prey, they would use different tactics if they knew for sure a person was armed, and his too would give the bad guy(s) an advantage.

Principle and Undeniable Fact #10: While Kentucky is an open-carry state, there are enough ignorant or hoplophobic people around that someone is bound to call 911 when they see a plain-clothes person openly carrying a firearm in a public place. While open carry is legal, a person could be charged with any number of things, such as inciting a panic, disorderly conduct, and menacing, just to name a few. Take that same person and that same firearm and hide it, and the ignorant and hoplophobic will be as calm as the sheep that they are.

Guard

imported post

I'll be sure to let the mods of Kyhunting know that you're trying to start trouble with a "forum war". I frequent that site, being an avid hunter, and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate your efforts to bring trouble to their board.

Have a wonderful day.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I see you misunderstand my intentions completely. My "suggestion" has little to do with a forum war. And I'm not a member of that forum. Being in Michigan, it makes little sense for me to join that forum.

It was my hope that someone who lives in Kentucky, would be willing to point out that the listed "undeniable facts" are in fact, deniable.

That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

chris in va

imported post

"Principle and Undeniable Fact". Yeah right.

Pure and simple they need to be educated about the facts, not hearsay and third hand accounts.
inciting a panic, disorderly conduct, and menacing
Sure, if you're acting stupid and waving it around or getting in someone's face. But the average OC'er just getting ice cream at Kroger isn't doing that and won't be charged as such.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

That was my point. I just figured it would be better for someone from Kentucky to reply to that forum. If you know what I mean.