• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watchmaker Stops Armed Robbery Cold

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Watchmaker Lance Thomas took a stand and bought a gun, trained and hardened his shop, bought more guns and trained some more.

Gang-bangers tried three times to rob him at gun point and then tried to assassinate him.

Final score: Thomas - 5; BGs - 0

This video shows a man of principle who is dedicated to protecting his life and all in which he believes. It is INCREDIBLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w

Yata hey

thefirststrike

imported post

Good for him!! I am sorry that he has to live through all of this, but at least he IS alive! Likely he would not be if he had allowed himself to be a victim, because at least one of those dirtbags would have shot him just for fun. That's how they operate, they kill just because they can.

I am sorry that he felt the need to close his shop and retreat from life, but I certainly understand his feelings and the reasons for his decision. I hope he lives a long, healthy, prosperous life.

A good lesson for those in our society who question the need for citizens to arm themselves against thugs like these. They reaped what they sowed...a life of violence and disregard for societies laws led to them not having a life at all.

Dave

Mjolnir-ZS

imported post

It definitely brings to light the importance of proper training. You can lose skill very quickly. By the end of a week your skills brought up from a training program start to diminish. This is why all the " High speed, Low drag " crowd practice non-stop, and really not on so called advanced skills. They cover the basics.
I.E. The Smith & Wesson Academy gets All kinds of skill bases, purely because they go over the basics like it is a religion.

As the quote goes.

"There is no such thing as an advanced gunfight…just gunfights in which the fundamentals were performed really well."