• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Age to OC

biggin215

imported post

How old do you have to be to Open Carry in Louisiana? I am 19 and am unsure of if the same 21 and up law applies to Open Carry that applies to concealed carry. Before you say I am too immature to carry a gun, do realize that I am trying to educate myself before I start carrying (which is why I came to this site) and have been shooting guns since I started with a beretta .25 at 5 years old.

Thanks for the help.

Dustin

imported post

Welcome to OCDO ! :)

First look at the topLEFT side if this web page.

You'll see a mini-map of the US with the word "maps" underneath it.

Click on it.

Then to the Top RIGHT, of that page you'll see, "Age to OC".

Click on it too :cool:

Your Welcome ;)

biggin215

imported post

I might actually be able to do this... I have a date at like 5 or so but if we are going at noon then I should be fine! I'll have to check my schedule, but I should be there.

Dustin

imported post

99vengeur wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
What's more important, a date with a girl or the opportunity to exercise your 2nd amendment rights with other OC'ers?
Why not combine the two!?! :celebrate
Of course, then there willbe only one oftwo outcomes;

1: She's broke in properly on proper gun ownership, your love for guns, and this should let her know what to expect during the duration of your relationship.

OR

2: You'll be single by sundown, and free to go party where you want come 1700 !

LOL !

biggin215

imported post

Haha, well considering it's all of 20 miles from my house, i think i can make both. I'm going to try to talk my dad into coming also.

biggin215

imported post

My dad has a CCL but he will open carry also. I'm sure he'd love to come. I would bring my girlfriend, but she will probably be getting ready for our date... our date by the way is senior prom. :)

Dustin

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Gee, I can't even REMEMBER that far back.........................

You know what I remember about prom ?

Oh yea, nothing, b/c I went froggin the night of my Sr. Prom with my older brother. LOL !

The other day my baby sister who's 16 is asking for some $300 School Ring. I asked my mom in front of her, "How much did my Sr. Ring cost"? Oh yea, NOTHING ! B/c I didn't buy that crap.

I never got into any of that junk. The only thing I got from school was a letter jacket in football for free,Now I think they make those kids pay for it !.

sraacke

imported post

I dropped out 3 days before final exams at the end of my Junior year. So I never had a senior prom. I turned in my books, went to the local bookstore and bought the Barrons GED study guide, brushed up on my math and took the GED exam that summer. Didn't like high school and saw no point in dealing with it any longer than necessary.

Sucks that I won't be at the meetup. TAKE PHOTOS.

Syntax Error

imported post

Alright. I have been letting our daughter carry one of our older handguns. She is 20. Tonight, she went to the store for me. She was stopped by an officer with Ouachita Parish Sheriff. Then another 10 or so cars with as many or more cops arrived on scene. They informed her that OC was allowed ONLY for shotguns and rifles at 17, and not handguns. They followed her home, and turned the pistol over to me. The Seargent told me the same. OC only with rifles and shotguns, not pistols. He was Extremely nice, and we discussed it awhile, and he even gave some tips for future carry for her. I will be contacting OPSD to see where the information comes from. She had a copy of the law (thanks to opencarry, which she has been reading), and he still said the same. She handled her self Very well for her first encounter. I will keep you up to date.

Matt