• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congratulations, Hawaii

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, this can be added to the list of ammunition for us to use here.

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2009/04/20/0715763.pdf

Unfortunately, you are mistaken. Nordyke is being reheard after the McDonald v. Chicago case at the supreme court.
On May 18, 2009, an anonymous judge of the Ninth Circuit called for briefing from both sides on whether the case should be reheard en banc. On July 29, 2009, the Ninth Circuit decided to rehear this case en banc, thereby vacating both parts of the April 20 ruling. After rehearing the case on September 24, 2009, the Ninth Circuit decided to delay ruling on the case until the Supreme Court decides McDonald_v._Chicago.

virginiatuck

imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
but it's not for those people to decide. It's what the majority of the state want and if the federal law will 'allow' it. What exactly is being done at this moment and is there anything I can do from here? I am more than willing to do something to help. Let me know.

What people?...the politicians? Are you serious? The majority of our "elected" leaders do just what THEY want to do...espically here. To put it bluntly....IT SUCKS HERE, as far as the 2A is concerned. The mentality here about the 2A is just mind-boggling.

If you can think of anything to help, by all means, do it. There is a local 2A forum. Good people, just not alot of them. http://www.2ahawaii.com/
Does the Hawaii Rifle Association (NRA's Hawaii affiliate) do anything useful? From reading their bylaws and legislative reports, it appears as though they are supportive of the right to carry. But like you said, it's an uphill battle in HI; in fact, maybe it's like climbing, or falling off of, a sheer cliff.

2ahawaii.com has 80 listed members; OCDO has 5 members from Hawaii, though one is actually 2ahawaii. Are you all members of the HRA?

Maybe the ~80+/- of you can pool your resources together and distribute supporting media to the public, fliers, pamphlets, or get some nice 3.5"/2" cards made which contain awareness raising information and hand them out to people you know or who you speak to about RKBA.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

ak56 wrote:
MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, this can be added to the list of ammunition for us to use here.

Unfortunately, you are mistaken. Nordyke is being reheard after the McDonald v. Chicago case at the supreme court.
On May 18, 2009, an anonymous judge of the Ninth Circuit called for briefing from both sides on whether the case should be reheard en banc. On July 29, 2009, the Ninth Circuit decided to rehear this case en banc, thereby vacating both parts of the April 20 ruling. After rehearing the case on September 24, 2009, the Ninth Circuit decided to delay ruling on the case until the Supreme Court decides McDonald_v._Chicago.

No kidding???......really??? :shock:

Check the dates of the original posts. :D

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
but it's not for those people to decide. It's what the majority of the state want and if the federal law will 'allow' it. What exactly is being done at this moment and is there anything I can do from here? I am more than willing to do something to help. Let me know.

What people?...the politicians? Are you serious? The majority of our "elected" leaders do just what THEY want to do...espically here. To put it bluntly....IT SUCKS HERE, as far as the 2A is concerned. The mentality here about the 2A is just mind-boggling.

If you can think of anything to help, by all means, do it. There is a local 2A forum. Good people, just not alot of them. http://www.2ahawaii.com/
Does the Hawaii Rifle Association (NRA's Hawaii affiliate) do anything useful? From reading their bylaws and legislative reports, it appears as though they are supportive of the right to carry. But like you said, it's an uphill battle in HI; in fact, maybe it's like climbing, or falling off of, a sheer cliff.

2ahawaii.com has 80 listed members; OCDO has 5 members from Hawaii, though one is actually 2ahawaii. Are you all members of the HRA?

Maybe the ~80+/- of you can pool your resources together and distribute supporting media to the public, fliers, pamphlets, or get some nice 3.5"/2" cards made which contain awareness raising information and hand them out to people you know or who you speak to about RKBA.
They are very supportive. But, as you can see...not a lot of support. Great people, but less than 1% of the people here. And.....as I said....the 'politicians' here do just what they want to do....just the way it is.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
ak56 wrote:
MarlboroLts5150 wrote:

No kidding???......really??? :shock:

Check the dates of the original posts. :D
Oops, my bad:banghead:

Robin47

virginiatuck wrote:
They are very supportive. But, as you can see...not a lot of support. Great people, but less than 1% of the people here. And.....as I said....the 'politicians' here do just what they want to do....just the way it is.

Well we used to think that way in california, but theres a lot of OC-ers now in Cal, and more joining all the time
as people are being educated in their rights of self-defence. 2A ETC !
Get a copy of Hi"s laws, and study it to see how they think "they" can strip a Citizens rights.
And sence McD has now passed, you have a fighting chance.
Here in California, we UOC Unloaded Open Carry, and its working good so far.
People are waking up to their rights. Others are being made aware in the process.
CCW's are almost non-existant here also and hard to get, but its changing.
law suits seems to be the only way for corrupt government to learn the truth. Its "We The People"
who are the Masters !
Good Luck ! Robin47

MarlboroLts5150

Well we used to think that way in california, but theres a lot of OC-ers now in Cal, and more joining all the time
as people are being educated in their rights of self-defence. 2A ETC !
Get a copy of Hi"s laws, and study it to see how they think "they" can strip a Citizens rights.
And sence McD has now passed, you have a fighting chance.
Here in California, we UOC Unloaded Open Carry, and its working good so far.
People are waking up to their rights. Others are being made aware in the process.
CCW's are almost non-existant here also and hard to get, but its changing.
law suits seems to be the only way for corrupt government to learn the truth. Its "We The People"
who are the Masters !
Good Luck ! Robin47

The laws here make no distinction between loaded or unloaded. No carry period without a permit (which the average citizen can not get, thanks to being "may-issue"). I personally when I first got here started handing out flyers, copies of the current laws, etc. Unfortunately, what I found here was that the majority of the people that I talked to are NOT concerned with the bearing of arms. Most would just rather be able to go to the gun range and shoot at targets.....thats it. The gun shops don't really support it either.

There are people here that do support carry, don't get me wrong. But when the city sets a hearing for a proposed bill and only a dozen or so people show up.....it doesn't do any good.

"Dis Hawai'i bradda....dis how we like tings here. Dis ain't da mainland.".....I am so tired of hearing that. January I get transferred to Georgia....I'm done with this "state".

marinepilot81

As far as educating the people in Hawaii? Good luck.

As far as even getting the gun stores to help with the carry fight? Good luck.

As far as changing Asian culture? Surf Culture? Good luck.

It's going to take someone suing the state and getting a policy change. There is absolutely NO HOPE...NO HOPE for a populist movement in Hawaii.

MarlboroLts5150

As far as educating the people in Hawaii? Good luck.

As far as even getting the gun stores to help with the carry fight? Good luck.

As far as changing Asian culture? Surf Culture? Good luck.

It's going to take someone suing the state and getting a policy change. There is absolutely NO HOPE...NO HOPE for a populist movement in Hawaii.

I wouldn't say no hope....but its going to take a long time. And a lot more support than they have now.