• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An idea to promote the 2A cause

paramedic70002

imported post

(Thinking out loud)

The signers of the Declaration of Independence are pictured on the back of the 2 dollar bill.

2 of course is highly symbolic of the 2A.

The DHS paints certain individuals as extremists. Among them are gun owners. Certainly the signers would fit in this category.

Most gun owners either don't carry at all or CCW, thus we are the invisible majority.

In times past the US Navy has paid their sailors in 2 dollar bills to let the retail/business community know where their sales come from, even if the sailors are out of uniform.

Perhaps there is some kind of short catchy slogan that can be rubberstamped on these bills that can subtly tell people to respect our rights.

Ideas?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Great idea :celebrate

What ever number of gun owners one counts always add one more to the sum .

I am going to open carry one on top of my money clip as a conversation starter . The same way I use RELENTLESS LOGIC as Mitt's . Just found this colorized version .

2A & 2 dollar bill ...WOW

Walleye

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
we are the invisible majority

Majority? You have the statistics to back that up?

I don't think defacing money is legal, let alone a good idea.
OT, but I don't think putting a stamp on money would constitute defacing it - I've seen stamps placed on $1 bills before, and then there's all the marked bills out there. At the same time I don't see any reason for stamping the rare $2 bills? Seems like the bill alone is enough? :?

paramedic70002

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
we are the invisible majority

Majority? You have the statistics to back that up?

I don't think defacing money is legal, let alone a good idea.
1. The FBI recently announced they had completed 100 million background checks. That's just since they started doing them, and not counting private sales. We have about 300 million people in the USA. The MSM reminds us that there are enough guns for every man, woman and child. Some estimate that every one in two houses have a gun. Just about every newspaper gun poll on gun owndership is overwhelmingly pro-gun. So yes, I'll say we are in the majority.

2. There are plenty of companies out there that 'deface' legal tender every day. Ever see Obama on a coin? Elvis on a bill? A colorized bill? (Hint look up)

3. Cool colorized bill!

4. I was thinking maybe a simple stamp that does not cover any of the artwork of the bill, something that just says, "A GUN OWNER SPENT THIS MONEY" but is there a better/shorter/smoother way to say 'spent this money?"