• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling To Seattle Area

Machoduck

imported post

"...it is a backward city politically."

How can you say that? Mayor Knuckles is as progressive as any other idiot.

Seriously, without CPL, your biggest problem will probably be carry in your car on on board a bus; you can't loaded. Neither can your firearm. Otherwise, what jac said.

MD

arentol

imported post

Well, the primary point for you to be concerned with is the fact that without a CPL you can't have a loaded firearm in your car EVER. So you will need to fully unload (drop the magazine, remove the round from the chamber) every time you get into your car. Your firearm can be left in the car when empty, but it can't be visible to anyone outside the car. No firearms on buses at all either without your CPL.

I would suggest just leaving the round out of the chamber since just by OC'ing you should be pretty certain you aren't going to need your gun, and if you do you will probably have time to chamber a round.

As for the area you are going to, I don't recall any particular known issues with those areas, so you should be fine. Just be aware that some areas of Burien/White Center are kind of dangerous, so I would just be generally extra cautious and aware if the area you are in looks a little iffy.