• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spoakne OC meeting

BobR

imported post

Well, good weather is coming soon, along with public events that we can OC at.

What do you think of a meeting sometimein the next month or soto discuss the training bulletin and the the meeting Fetch and Surf had with the city attorney and SPD training officer.

Surf, when will you be in town for a weekend? I will have every other weekend off starting with this weekend.

bob

fetch

imported post

A May meeting/lunch is a good idea. Don't know about the weather in May but lets plan on the meeting/lunch in a park. Maybe Riverfront Park.

BobR

imported post

I am definately up for a Riverfront Park meeting, preferably somewhere close to the carousel. ;)

I will be off the weekend of the 9th and the 23rd if we want to plan around those dates.

bob

tacmedic911

imported post

A get together sounds cool, I saw an interesting sign yesterdy I thought I would share it with you. This sign is about four to five blocks from LC downtown. I think it might be to scare the kids but what if a person were to be lawfully carrying near this sign? Anyway, have any of you seen these types of signs anywhere else?

partyncwby

imported post

4 or 5 blocks away, wow. Does this mean I can put up signs where ever I want as long as I "sponsor" the sign?

How about victim rich zone signs sponsored by the lack of your 2nd Amendment?

tacmedic911

imported post

I didn't think school zones extended that far out, but what do I know.....:cuss::cuss:

Not to mention that lack of which laws you are actually breaking if any, which we all know is none.

just_a_car

imported post

tacmedic911 wrote:
I didn't think school zones extended that far out, but what do I know.....:cuss::cuss:

Not to mention that lack of which laws you are actually breaking if any, which we all know is none.
Federal school Gun Free Zones extend 1000 feet from the school's property... usually that's not much more than a city block (think about 300 meters for you rifle shooters). Federal law also provides that if you are licensed by your state of residence to carry a firearm, you are exempt from the GFZ and are still subject to state law (which we've hashed and rehashed here many times on this forum).
Cite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act
If you follow the link at the bottom, the quote is from half-way down the page under (q)(2).

tacmedic911

imported post

I am not a lawyer but I would interpret section b to say that if you have a cpl then you are exempt from said law. More to the point, how is a firearms law listed under a commerce bill? Explain that one if you can.

just_a_car

imported post

They claim that the firearm, or at least part of it, inevitably crossed state lines, thus is "interstate commerce" and they have the right to regulate "for the safety of the nation's interstate commerce network." (not actual quotes... just saying that's not my words, but the idea behind the law)

As it states, it is up to the prosecutor (after your illegal arrest and possible jailing) to prove that the firearm at any point crossed state lines. Though, if the maker of the firearm isn't in your state, that's pretty easy to prove.

The "interstate commerce clause" as it's been come to be known as, has been a hotbed of controversy and unconstitutionality arguments for quite some time.

tacmedic911

imported post

Fetch or Surf do you know if we need to talk to the city to have this obvious conflict taken down? or do we contact LC PTG and advise them they are violating the law by misinformation? :banghead:

fetch

imported post

If I am not mistaken, the building that the sign is near was the temporary home to LC school (therefore school property) while LC itself was under renovation. Need to know if the school district still occupies the building that it is near. If not then it can be removed.

fetch

imported post

Well, who wants to get together for a lunch/meeting? I know we have a lot of people in Spokane who OC. Place? Time?

o2ryan

imported post

I would love to join you guys and meet some local OCrs. There is a great hotdog joint, Cap'n Juicy's, two blocks S of the park with outdoor seating and good public exposure.

BobR

imported post

How about May the 25th? Is there anything going on in town that weekend that anyone knows about?

Somewhere around or in Riverfront park would be good, maybe a nice old fashioned picnic. Are there areas in the park for that?

bob

o2ryan

imported post

25th looks good. There are no major events at the park but it should be nice and busy being a holiday and all. :what:

I assume this is a "bring the family" type of event? The field just west of the fountain (in front of city hall)usualy has tables and lots of grass to sit on and play in. Should we shoot for 11 am to 1 PM so people can come and go as they please?