• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing at the OK Corral...

XD40coyote

imported post

Last week I was flipping channels and came across some show about Tombstone AZ's ghosts, so OF COURSE I started seeing scenes of OCers touring the town LMAO. You know how the anti gunners and anti OCersare always saying " this isn't the wild west, it's not the OK Corral!"...

Well anyhow, the show told about tourists at the famous location and there's re-enactors and the like, soI assume it's some sort of museum? Can you actually OC at the OK Corral? Have there been any OC gatherings in Tombstone? What do the tourists say? What if some anti gunner or anti OCer came up to you and started the old " this ain't the OK Corral", would you tell them you were just heading that way?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Last week I was flipping channels and came across some show about Tombstone AZ's ghosts, so OF COURSE I started seeing scenes of OCers touring the town LMAO. You know how the anti gunners and anti OCersare always saying " this isn't the wild west, it's not the OK Corral!"...

Well anyhow, the show told about tourists at the famous location and there's re-enactors and the like, soI assume it's some sort of museum? Can you actually OC at the OK Corral? Have there been any OC gatherings in Tombstone? What do the tourists say? What if some anti gunner or anti OCer came up to you and started the old " this ain't the OK Corral", would you tell them you were just heading that way?

LMAO! You can OC anywhere in Arizona. Anytime. However... you cannot introduceprivate weapons into the Corral area for performances (for obvious reasons). The fight was actually 'in thevacant lotoff Fremont Street next to Fly's photo gallery"... but that takes too long to write. I go to all the special events in Tombstone. (Only an hour 'n changeaway) The tourista's don't say anything. This is what they come here for. This pix is the corner of 4th and Allen... about 75 yards from the OK Corral (other side of the street).

Oh... BTW... I'm originally from Ellicott City. Try doin' this on Main St/Frederick Rd... LOL! Freedom is a great thing to exercise.

The locals in Tombstone are still laffin' over that Ghost Hunter bunch that came here... Bunch'a dweebs.

cato

imported post

I always found it ironic that that the OK Corral "shoot out" cited by Brady types was a conflict initiated by law enforcement enforcing an unconstitutional law.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Matter of fact that's just what it was. The Earp's ordinance was a violation of the Constitution. Since many of Tombstone's 'cowboys' had served in the Confederate Armies... or had kin that had... This was viewed as just another example of oppressive Yankee occupation even 15-18 years afterward.

Remember... this area was within' the Confederate Territory of Arizona... Arizona (including southern New Mexico) seceeded in 1861 and was occupied by force the following year by a column of 2000 Yankee cavalry outta California via Fort Yuma... plus Chivingtons Colorado unit at Glorietta Pass. There just were not enough 'people' toprevent armed occupation.

airgunner23

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
LMAO! You can OC anywhere in Arizona. Anytime.
Like in a bar, restaurant that serves alcohol, Indian reservation...really, huh, huh? FAIL!!! :quirky

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Within REASON ya yankee turncoat.... and I carrythru the Rez all the time. 'Depends on the Nation. You're becomin' a real PITA for somebody who's afraid to OC at all there in CT.

Carondalet

imported post

Was told to unstrap when I went to OK Corral 3 tears ago. Thought it was ironic that employees could carry, but public could not. It was posted, too.My avatar was taken at Old Tucson studios.

airgunner23

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Within REASON ya yankee turncoat.... and I carrythru the Rez all the time. 'Depends on the Nation. You're becomin' a real PITA for somebody who's afraid to OC at all there in CT.
Yeah, because you haven't been caught/stopped yet... I first learned about rez/carry, either OC or CC at Gunsite in Paulden. ;)

Ever eaten at the Iron Horse Restaurant in Chino Valley on HWY 89? What about carrying in places that serve alcohol, phuktard? You claimed you can CARRY ANYWHERE in Arizona. :quirky

airgunner23

Banned
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
airgunner23 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Like in a bar, restaurant that serves alcohol, Indian reservation...really, huh, huh? FAIL!!! :quirky
No , THAT'S in UTAH !!! CC OR OC :celebrate
Really? On an Indian reservation? Yeeeeaaahhhh, riiiiggghhhttt... Red man generally no like white man with boom stick. They make their own laws and tribal law is very often not written down and changes all the time. :uhoh:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

airgunner23 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
airgunner23 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
No , THAT'S in UTAH !!! CC OR OC :celebrate
Really? On an Indian reservation? Yeeeeaaahhhh, riiiiggghhhttt... Red man generally no like white man with boom stick. They make their own laws and tribal law is very often not written down and changes all the time. :uhoh:

There is nothing against it here in Utah. I promise !!! It's something that AZ has "invented" down there.

---------------------------

I cc every weekend at the club (we can carry while having a beer or two....or drink or two.Maybe even combine the two???:lol:. The same DUI standards applie to carrying as driving while drinking.Sure...not recommend but still legal:celebrate, I OC at the Capitol. I OC most of the time. We can carry in restaurants that serves alcohol even:p

I can go pretty ANYWHERE, except ie Courthouses, "secured areas" such as where a Metal Detector is displayed.

Signs do not carry any legal weight:celebrate

Come to Utah and you will enjoy carrying in any manner you want, pretty much anywhere you want.

For example...Yesterday I had a sheriff driving behind when I was on my MC OCing. He passed and just nodded.

Gotta love it (Utah)

TJ

airgunner23

Banned
imported post

Are you talking about staying on federal roads, highways, etc in Utah? If so, you're okay under FOPA, but once you actually go on tribal land, you just very well may find yourself in big trouble if Chief Smoke'um decides he doesn't like you for some reason. Also, since you think you can carry anywhere in Utah...what about National Parks? That never made it into law because some federal Judge is holding it up.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

airgunner23 wrote:
Are you talking about staying on federal roads, highways, etc in Utah? If so, you're okay under FOPA, but once you actually go on tribal land, you just very well may find yourself in big trouble if Chief Smoke'um decides he doesn't like you for some reason. Also, since you think you can carry anywhere in Utah...what about National Parks? That never made it into law because some federal Judge is holding it up.
National Park CURRENTLY is screwed up. I agree with you on that one. AZ specifically has a problem with Tribal areas. Here in Utah they have already agreed to "free" travel on Tribal areas as far I am aware of. Nothing in Utah Law that states against it like it does in AZ gun laws

UTOC-45-44

imported post

When I went to AZ I tried to follow all laws to the best of my capability. I was REALLY trying hard.

When I came home I sat down and thought about it. I had still possibly broken a couple of laws I believe.

And I tend to be careful in following those laws. It's VERY tricky to follow AZ laws when you come form such "loose" laws as Utah in comparison.

TJ

airgunner23

Banned
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
National Park CURRENTLY is screwed up. I agree with you on that one. AZ specifically has a problem with Tribal areas. Here in Utah they have already agreed to "free" travel on Tribal areas as far I am aware of. Nothing in Utah Law that states against it like it does in AZ gun laws
That's the problem. There's nothing in the AZ STATE laws about carrying on the rez. The natives make up their own laws as sovereign nations. Nobody knows and it's a big guessing game in AZ. Even the VERY experienced instructors at Gunsite wouldn't take a stance either way. Like the very scenario they discussed with us on HWY 69 going through Prescott Valley and Indian land. You're okay on the HWY (FOPA), but if you stop to go to the mall, Wal-Mart, etc? Who knows... I've never heard of anyone being busted for carrying on Indian land, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. I've also heard the tribal councils can't actually charge a non-native citizen as they have no jurisdiction. They could try, but the charges would be dismissed at a higher level as long as no state/US laws were broken. So I've heard...

Also, if you carried in ANY place that serves alcohol for on-site consumption in Arizona, you broke a law. Even Chuckie Cheese sells beer and the Denny's in Prescott sells beer and wine after a certain time. At least they used to, not sure about today because I haven't been to that Denny's in years.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

airgunner23 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
That's the problem. There's nothing in the AZ STATE laws about carrying on the rez. The natives make up their own laws as sovereign nations. Nobody knows and it's a big guessing game in AZ. Even the VERY experienced instructors at Gunsite wouldn't take a stance either way. Like the very scenario they discussed with us on HWY 69 going through Prescott Valley and Indian land. You're okay on the HWY (FOPA), but if you stop to go to the mall, Wal-Mart, etc? Who knows... I've never heard of anyone being busted for carrying on Indian land, but that's not to say it hasn't happened. I've also heard the tribal councils can't actually charge a non-native citizen as they have no jurisdiction. They could try, but the charges would be dismissed at a higher level as long as no state/US laws were broken. So I've heard...

Also, if you carried in ANY place that serves alcohol for on-site consumption in Arizona, you broke a law. Even Chuckie Cheese sells beer and the Denny's in Prescott sells beer and wine after a certain time. At least they used to, not sure about today because I haven't been to that Denny's in years.

I carried at a Denny's and didn't see the sign until I was on the WAY OUT after paying. It was NOT sitting very good. I was just standing around before exciting and just happen to see before I opened the door.

airgunner23

Banned
imported post

Although I'm sure it's happened, I've never heard of anyone getting busted for carrying into a place that serves alcohol. Back in the 80's when my family first moved to Prescott, you'd see tons of old timers in cowboy garb doing the "watering hole" thing on horseback all over Whiskey Row and in the bars/saloons downtown. They open carried their six shooters and I never saw anyone get in trouble.

jeremy05

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
airgunner23 wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

I carried at a Denny's and didn't see the sign until I was on the WAY OUT after paying. It was NOT sitting very good. I was just standing around before exciting and just happen to see before I opened the door.

IN a situation like this, I would say that you are ok. Yes you Broke the law, but I cant see you actually getting into any trouble over it. I would imagine any restrauant that sells needs to put up a sign in a REASONABLE place stateing such. and reasonable is the word that is going to be fought in court. Anyways Im not really sure where im going with this. lol

Sonora Rebel

imported post

airgunner23 wrote:
Yeah, because you haven't been caught/stopped yet... I first learned about rez/carry, either OC or CC at Gunsite in Paulden. ;)

Ever eaten at the Iron Horse Restaurant in Chino Valley on HWY 89? What about carrying in places that serve alcohol, phuktard? You claimed you can CARRY ANYWHERE in Arizona. :quirky

Y'know... I just love you badass keyboard kommando's. I also love the nit-pickers... such as yourself. I'm glad you left Arizona... 'n I'm actually wonderin' if you weren't run outta the state? Actually...I wonder if you're actually allowed to carry a weapon at all?

I carry thru any Rez... never a problem. Tonto Apache rez being the last one this past weekend. Maybe living in CT has made you paranoid? All in all... screw you!