• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another newbie with questions

badger54

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
Park N Ride = Park n Rob...

I, personally, would never leave a gun in a vehicle parked in one of those.
On south Whidbey it should be okay the park and ride by the Clinton ferry terminal I believe is covered by cameras and the WSP seems to always have a couple of troopers near by. But on the mainland or the park and ride on the northend of the Island I would not leave a gun unattended.

j2l3

imported post

State Patrol can't prevent theft of guns from their own vehicles parked at the Capitol Buildings in Olympia. I wouldn't trust them to prevent the same thing from happening from my vehicle.

badger54

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
State Patrol can't prevent theft of guns from their own vehicles parked at the Capitol Buildings in Olympia. I wouldn't trust them to prevent the same thing from happening from my vehicle.
Good Point. Did they ever find the stolen guns?

Metalhead47

imported post

No public parking (including P&R) anywhere near where I'm at, and the wife takes the bus to work, which is where she (wisely) mostly wishes she had her gun. Which would be perfectly legal of course, she'd just have to leave it on the sidewalk in front of where she works or risk getting fired over it
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh, and I still can't set foot on a P&R or even ride a bus as a passenger while packing since they constitute company property:quirky