Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL ------> SHOULD I KEEP POSTING MY STORIES ? ? ? ?

Post imported post

I only ask this because; I notice that they get looked over quickly or read fully ( I dont know which is the majority) but they get a of "looks" or "hits" and I want to know if you guys what me to continue ?

I get mostly positive kudoos to keep em coming, and a few negative , so I would like to know what the "silent majority" thinks

1) It takes a "lot" of effort in that when I write them I have to re-write them a few times to make them flow as best as my armature story teller / writer skills can make them flow.

2) I go thru them over and over because my memory often gets sparked as I write them down, then I have to write them over again.

3) I am lisdexic > sew id tayks a lod of spill cheeking to meek them redobal, sew I edet them manee timees beefur I pozt them for yoo gys lol.

SURVAY SAYS: ( just reply with a simple "quote" 1, 2, 3 , 4 , 5 or 6, 7)

1) NO , dont quit your day job pal, please stop Steve , you are strange, you have an identity problem, you ego is sick, stop posting those dumb stories, they are boring, your killling me, your stories as junk they are the fantasies of a marginal person with marginal talent at best comning from a warped mind, in fact stop posting anything here your enitre outlook and view on live is scary, demented and dangerous

2) No no thanks Steve I think they are a bit funny at times but they are not my cup of tea, so stop posting them, besides they dont belong on this site

3) Yes keep posting them, but can you make them shorter and leave out the imagination theater / twilight zone beginnings and stick to the facts, no fantasy mixed in, just the facts.

4) Yes , please keep posting any way you want , them I find them very entertaining, they are a nice break from the usual stuff I read.

5) Yes keep on postin bro , Im addicted to them, I even mark them and sometimes forward them to my friends.

6) I dont care one way or the other, some are a good read , some are not, so I dont care if you do or do not.

So what do you guys think ?

PS If you reply with 1 or 2 I will not hold it against you, because I respect honest opinions.

Post imported post

come on , where is the rest of the last one?

Post imported post

Its there, its been there for 2 days now, go look again and you will see "Part 2"

Post imported post

sorry, got busy reading everything else and haven't gotten to it

Banned

Post imported post

tedious, trite, banal, illiterate, waste of time, yours and mine

Banned

Post imported post

They probably don't belong under "true" tales of self defense, but I don't see why you couldn't post them here, or just start a blog. We had a guy on honda-tech that would come up with some really funny and outrageous stories every few months, complete with very well done photoshopped pictures of "proof." I thought it was entertaining and fun, but that's just me.

Post imported post

4) Yes , please keep posting any way you want , them I find them very entertaining, they are a nice break from the usual stuff I read

Post imported post

Just "blog" it somewhere. Posting multiple threads to tell a story simply clutters up the forum, making it more difficult to find "true stories of self defense."
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    Just "blog" it somewhere. Posting multiple threads to tell a story simply clutters up the forum, making it more difficult to find "true stories of self defense."

Post imported post

No1 wrote:
    tedious, trite, banal, illiterate, waste of time, yours and mine
    # 1) <----- thank U.

PS : Not a waist of "my" time, just like a person who collects stamps or like to garden and grow flowers, myself I would never do that but if it makes that person happy then, why not.

Post imported post

Steve. if you like writing the stories, go ahead and write them. There's a lot of us that enjoy reading them and laughing at your exploits.

Post imported post

1) NO , dont quit your day job pal, please stop Steve , you are strange, you have an identity problem, you ego is sick, stop posting those dumb stories, they are boring, your killling me, your stories as junk they are the fantasies of a marginal person with marginal talent at best comning from a warped mind, in fact stop posting anything here your enitre outlook and view on live is scary, demented and dangerous

In fact, your 'stories' violate the Forum Guidelines. 'General Discussion' does NOT mean post any BS you desire.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:

In fact, your 'stories' violate the Forum Guidelines. 'General Discussion' does NOT mean post any BS you desire.
    EDIT: After reading another post I have made a major edit to this reply.

PS: thanks for the vote.:?,

Post imported post

"Steve I think you are violating posting guidelines here pal"
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

SteveInAshand
    4) Yes , please keep posting any way you want , them I find them very entertaining, they are a nice break from the usual stuff I read.

Post imported post

wrightme wrote:
    "Steve I think you are violating posting guidelines here pal"
    lol, thanks I am checking

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

See Steve, you ask for our opinion and then when they give it you attack.

I have no idea what else you wrote, but that makes me not want to read anything else you do.

SteveInAshand wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:

MY REPLY: Hummmmmm , So if that is true then your answering my poll in this " Generalized Discussion" as to weather my self defense stories are a good thing for the forum, so then "your" answering the poll is taking part in , and posting too, in violation of the posting guidelines.

Suggestion: Stop violating the guidelines you say you don't violate, your looking a bit hypocritical .

If you just said " Steve I think you are violating posting guidelines here pal"
    I would look it up and ask if I was.

Question: May I ask are you an official BS moderator , a junior wannabe BS proctor or just amateur armchair 1st Amendment fascist as I would not want to violate your Orwellian terms of what is BS and what not ?

I am noticing a negative trend; those fellas who don't like me at all, don't like my humor, don't like my religious / spiritual views , don't like my politics , don't like my OC & shooting opinions have Avatar - ID's with the Yellow Dont Tread On Me flag.

Whats up with that ? I thought that flag was a wonderful founding father patriotic freedom fighter flag, to me it seems like some of the modern day UniBomber neo fascist hate kooks who have fallen into a festering miasma of isolationism have tried to co-opt it.

PS: thanks anyways for the vote.

Post imported post

i give you a 5. keep them coming !!!!!! i told my wife about the 9mm vise grips and she almost died!!!! You remind me of my uncle in the way you tell an event. some time ill have to tell you the story of the illusive wood elf (i swear to god its true and happened).
    Ad maiorem Dei gloriam Ducimus Doctrinas bello aptare n umbra, igitur, pugnabimus Citius, altius, fortius Pro patria Semper paratus Semper fidelis. Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Banned

Post imported post

Who's SteveInAshand?

Post imported post

Opinion is one thing , I have no problem at all with such opinions as "boring", "long winded" , "to many words", "unimaginative" "not funny" opinions like that are benign truths as the reader sees them to be, I have no problem with honest tuff opinions, but accusing me of a character deficit is personal attack not opinion on the writing.

Words such as ----> BS<----- is tantamount to calling me a liar that is negative at best.

I go on offense when I am personally attacked for "sharing
    my true life mixed with my own brand of odd ball humor,.

Again I got no problem with anyone who says " it sucks", or "that was a crap story" , but when you say " I" suck and "I" am full of crap , I didn't ask for that I asked for opinions on my writing style.

Ya I can take the heat and I will stay in the kitchen

I am not doing anything destructive or negative, thus when a negative personal attack pops up about me personally I bring out the hammer.

Perhaps I am being overly sensitive & I have do some introspection.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I slightly disagree. He didn't call what you were writing as BS he simply said that General Discussion is not a license to put up any BS.

My understanding of this would be used in the general sense like when I refer to someones stuff as S*it. I am not saying that their stuff is in fact a pile of dung, it is merely a colorful adjective to describe a pile general things.

I think you blew it a little out of proportion. I think the BS comment was a little bit of his humor.

But then again, I am not him and I can not speak for him. . . maybe he thinks your writing is BS. I just didn't take his statement to mean that.

SteveInAshand wrote:
    Opinion is one thing , I have no problem at all with such opinions as "boring", "long winded" , "to many words", "unimaginative" "not funny" opinions like that are benign truths as the reader sees them to be, I have no problem with honest tuff opinions, but accusing me of a character deficit is personal attack not opinion on the writing.

Words such as ----> BS<----- is tantamount to calling me a liar that is negative at best.

Again I got no problem with anyone who says " it sucks", or "that was a crap story" , but when you say " I" suck and "I" am full of crap , I didn't ask for that I asked for opinions on my writing style.

I am not doing anything destructive or negative, thus when a negative personal attack pops up about me personally I bring out the hammer.

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    1)┬* NO ,┬* dont quit your day job pal, ┬* please stop┬* Steve ,┬* you are strange, you have an identity problem, you ego is sick, stop posting those dumb stories, they are boring,┬* your killling me, your stories as junk┬* they are the fantasies of a marginal┬* person with┬* marginal talent at best comning from a warped mind, in fact stop posting anything here your┬* enitre outlook and view on live is scary, demented and dangerous

Something like that.

Post imported post

Theseus wrote:
    I slightly disagree. He didn't call what you were writing as BS he simply said that General Discussion is not a license to put up any BS.

My understanding of this would be used in the general sense like when I refer to someones stuff as S*it. I am not saying that their stuff is in fact a pile of dung, it is merely a colorful adjective to describe a pile general things.

I think you blew it a little out of proportion. I think the BS comment was a little bit of his humor.

But then again, I am not him and I can not speak for him. . . maybe he thinks your writing is BS. I just didn't take his statement to mean that.

SteveInAshand wrote:

MY REPLY : That makes sense,

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:

Something like that.
    MY REPLY: . thanks for taking part, in my informal poll.

Question: Do all you guys with the Yellow "Don't Tread On Me" flag belong to an organized group or loose association , or do you just like the history and what it represents and kind of take it on as your flag ?

Post imported post

The latter. The Gadsden Flag is indeed an interesting bit of American history.

If I were to get a tattoo, I know what it would be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast