• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL ------> SHOULD I KEEP POSTING MY STORIES ? ? ? ?

SteveInAshand

imported post

I only ask this because; I notice that they get looked over quickly or read fully ( I dont know which is the majority) but they get a of "looks" or "hits" and I want to know if you guys what me to continue ?

I get mostly positive kudoos to keep em coming, and a few negative , so I would like to know what the "silent majority" thinks

1) It takes a "lot" of effort in that when I write them I have to re-write them a few times to make them flow as best as my armature story teller / writer skills can make them flow.

2) I go thru them over and over because my memory often gets sparked as I write them down, then I have to write them over again.

3) I am lisdexic > sew id tayks a lod of spill cheeking to meek them redobal, sew I edet them manee timees beefur I pozt them for yoo gys lol.

SURVAY SAYS: ( just reply with a simple "quote" 1, 2, 3 , 4 , 5 or 6, 7)

1) NO , dont quit your day job pal, please stop Steve , you are strange, you have an identity problem, you ego is sick, stop posting those dumb stories, they are boring, your killling me, your stories as junk they are the fantasies of a marginal person with marginal talent at best comning from a warped mind, in fact stop posting anything here your enitre outlook and view on live is scary, demented and dangerous

2) No no thanks Steve I think they are a bit funny at times but they are not my cup of tea, so stop posting them, besides they dont belong on this site

3) Yes keep posting them, but can you make them shorter and leave out the imagination theater / twilight zone beginnings and stick to the facts, no fantasy mixed in, just the facts.

4) Yes , please keep posting any way you want , them I find them very entertaining, they are a nice break from the usual stuff I read.

5) Yes keep on postin bro , Im addicted to them, I even mark them and sometimes forward them to my friends.

6) I dont care one way or the other, some are a good read , some are not, so I dont care if you do or do not.

So what do you guys think ?

PS If you reply with 1 or 2 I will not hold it against you, because I respect honest opinions.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

They probably don't belong under "true" tales of self defense, but I don't see why you couldn't post them here, or just start a blog. We had a guy on honda-tech that would come up with some really funny and outrageous stories every few months, complete with very well done photoshopped pictures of "proof." I thought it was entertaining and fun, but that's just me.

wrightme

imported post

Just "blog" it somewhere. Posting multiple threads to tell a story simply clutters up the forum, making it more difficult to find "true stories of self defense."

SteveInAshand

imported post

No1 wrote:
tedious, trite, banal, illiterate, waste of time, yours and mine
# 1) <----- ;) thank U.

PS : Not a waist of "my" time, just like a person who collects stamps or like to garden and grow flowers, myself I would never do that but if it makes that person happy then, why not. :)

uncle jed

imported post

Steve. if you like writing the stories, go ahead and write them. There's a lot of us that enjoy reading them and laughing at your exploits.

VAopencarry

imported post

1) NO , dont quit your day job pal, please stop Steve , you are strange, you have an identity problem, you ego is sick, stop posting those dumb stories, they are boring, your killling me, your stories as junk they are the fantasies of a marginal person with marginal talent at best comning from a warped mind, in fact stop posting anything here your enitre outlook and view on live is scary, demented and dangerous

In fact, your 'stories' violate the Forum Guidelines. 'General Discussion' does NOT mean post any BS you desire.

SteveInAshand

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:

In fact, your 'stories' violate the Forum Guidelines. 'General Discussion' does NOT mean post any BS you desire.
EDIT: After reading another post I have made a major edit to this reply.

PS: thanks for the vote.:?, :D

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

See Steve, you ask for our opinion and then when they give it you attack.

I have no idea what else you wrote, but that makes me not want to read anything else you do.

SteveInAshand wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:

MY REPLY: Hummmmmm , So if that is true then your answering my poll in this " Generalized Discussion" as to weather my self defense stories are a good thing for the forum, so then "your" answering the poll is taking part in , and posting too, in violation of the posting guidelines.

Suggestion: Stop violating the guidelines you say you don't violate, your looking a bit hypocritical ;) .

If you just said " Steve I think you are violating posting guidelines here pal"
I would look it up and ask if I was.

Question: May I ask are you an official BS moderator , a junior wannabe BS proctor or just amateur armchair 1st Amendment fascist as I would not want to violate your Orwellian terms of what is BS and what not ?

I am noticing a negative trend; those fellas who don't like me at all, don't like my humor, don't like my religious / spiritual views , don't like my politics , don't like my OC & shooting opinions have Avatar - ID's with the Yellow Dont Tread On Me flag.

Whats up with that ? I thought that flag was a wonderful founding father patriotic freedom fighter flag, to me it seems like some of the modern day UniBomber neo fascist hate kooks who have fallen into a festering miasma of isolationism have tried to co-opt it.

PS: thanks anyways for the vote.:)

JOESEEB

imported post

i give you a 5. keep them coming !!!!!! i told my wife about the 9mm vise grips and she almost died!!!! You remind me of my uncle in the way you tell an event. some time ill have to tell you the story of the illusive wood elf (i swear to god its true and happened).

SteveInAshand

imported post

Opinion is one thing , I have no problem at all with such opinions as "boring", "long winded" , "to many words", "unimaginative" "not funny" opinions like that are benign truths as the reader sees them to be, I have no problem with honest tuff opinions, but accusing me of a character deficit is personal attack not opinion on the writing.

Words such as ----> BS<----- is tantamount to calling me a liar that is negative at best.

I go on offense when I am personally attacked for "sharing
my true life mixed with my own brand of odd ball humor,.

Again I got no problem with anyone who says " it sucks", or "that was a crap story" , but when you say " I" suck and "I" am full of crap , I didn't ask for that I asked for opinions on my writing style.

Ya I can take the heat and I will stay in the kitchen:)

I am not doing anything destructive or negative, thus when a negative personal attack pops up about me personally I bring out the hammer:cool:.

Perhaps I am being overly sensitive & I have do some introspection.;)