• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

POLL ------> SHOULD I KEEP POSTING MY STORIES ? ? ? ?

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I slightly disagree. He didn't call what you were writing as BS he simply said that General Discussion is not a license to put up any BS.

My understanding of this would be used in the general sense like when I refer to someones stuff as S*it. I am not saying that their stuff is in fact a pile of dung, it is merely a colorful adjective to describe a pile general things.

I think you blew it a little out of proportion. I think the BS comment was a little bit of his humor.

But then again, I am not him and I can not speak for him. . . maybe he thinks your writing is BS. I just didn't take his statement to mean that.

SteveInAshand wrote:
Opinion is one thing , I have no problem at all with such opinions as "boring", "long winded" , "to many words", "unimaginative" "not funny" opinions like that are benign truths as the reader sees them to be, I have no problem with honest tuff opinions, but accusing me of a character deficit is personal attack not opinion on the writing.

Words such as ----> BS<----- is tantamount to calling me a liar that is negative at best.

I go on offense when I am personally attacked for "sharing
my true life mixed with my own brand of odd ball humor,.

Again I got no problem with anyone who says " it sucks", or "that was a crap story" , but when you say " I" suck and "I" am full of crap , I didn't ask for that I asked for opinions on my writing style.

Ya I can take the heat and I will stay in the kitchen:)

I am not doing anything destructive or negative, thus when a negative personal attack pops up about me personally I bring out the hammer:cool:.

Perhaps I am being overly sensitive & I have do some introspection.;)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
1)  NO ,  dont quit your day job pal,   please stop  Steve ,  you are strange, you have an identity problem, you ego is sick, stop posting those dumb stories, they are boring,  your killling me, your stories as junk  they are the fantasies of a marginal  person with  marginal talent at best comning from a warped mind, in fact stop posting anything here your  enitre outlook and view on live is scary, demented and dangerous

In fact, your 'stories' violate the Forum Guidelines. 'General Discussion' does NOT mean post any BS you desire.
Something like that.

SteveInAshand

imported post

Theseus wrote:
I slightly disagree. He didn't call what you were writing as BS he simply said that General Discussion is not a license to put up any BS.

My understanding of this would be used in the general sense like when I refer to someones stuff as S*it. I am not saying that their stuff is in fact a pile of dung, it is merely a colorful adjective to describe a pile general things.

I think you blew it a little out of proportion. I think the BS comment was a little bit of his humor.

But then again, I am not him and I can not speak for him. . . maybe he thinks your writing is BS. I just didn't take his statement to mean that.

SteveInAshand wrote:
Opinion is one thing , I have no problem at all with such opinions as "boring", "long winded" , "to many words", "unimaginative" "not funny" opinions like that are benign truths as the reader sees them to be, I have no problem with honest tuff opinions, but accusing me of a character deficit is personal attack not opinion on the writing.

Words such as ----> BS<----- is tantamount to calling me a liar that is negative at best.

I go on offense when I am personally attacked for "sharing
my true life mixed with my own brand of odd ball humor,.

Again I got no problem with anyone who says " it sucks", or "that was a crap story" , but when you say " I" suck and "I" am full of crap , I didn't ask for that I asked for opinions on my writing style.

Ya I can take the heat and I will stay in the kitchen:)

I am not doing anything destructive or negative, thus when a negative personal attack pops up about me personally I bring out the hammer:cool:.

Perhaps I am being overly sensitive & I have do some introspection.;)
MY REPLY : That makes sense, :)

SteveInAshand

imported post

marshaul wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
1) NO , dont quit your day job pal, please stop Steve , you are strange, you have an identity problem, you ego is sick, stop posting those dumb stories, they are boring, your killling me, your stories as junk they are the fantasies of a marginal person with marginal talent at best comning from a warped mind, in fact stop posting anything here your enitre outlook and view on live is scary, demented and dangerous

In fact, your 'stories' violate the Forum Guidelines. 'General Discussion' does NOT mean post any BS you desire.
Something like that.
MY REPLY: ;). thanks for taking part, in my informal poll.

Question: Do all you guys with the Yellow "Don't Tread On Me" flag belong to an organized group or loose association , or do you just like the history and what it represents and kind of take it on as your flag ?

No1

Banned
imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
not even lies or bs but keyboard cowboi stream of concience self-abuse

ChinChin

imported post

There are several online forums which have sections for fiction writing. To my knowledge this particular (OC.org) doesn't have such a section.

Check out AR15.com/outdoors/esential survival guides and fiction. (Quick link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=10&f=20)

This section of the forum is a place where writters, such as yourself can go to "publish" your works and get the feedback you mentioned you are not getting here.

If I may use an analogy; you're going to a doctor's office to get legal advice. Both are professionals; but with different specalities. Check out the link above. You'll find peers there who will be all to happy to read and review your works.

SteveInAshand

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
There are several online forums which have sections for fiction writing. To my knowledge this particular (OC.org) doesn't have such a section.

Check out AR15.com/outdoors/esential survival guides and fiction. (Quick link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=10&f=20)

This section of the forum is a place where writters, such as yourself can go to "publish" your works and get the feedback you mentioned you are not getting here.

If I may use an analogy; you're going to a doctor's office to get legal advice. Both are professionals; but with different specalities. Check out the link above. You'll find peers there who will be all to happy to read and review your works.
One thing, my stories are not fiction, they are mix of fiction & real life self defense.

Thank You for the suggestion.