• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked not to bring it around anymore.

Jizzzle

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how old are you jizzle?

I'm 27.

In regards to what you said Razor, I don't like games at all. I'm very straight to the point. I did however realize that I might have been hasty.

I sent a follow up email to the owner asking if he would call me when it was convenient for him to do so and that i would appreciate if he would offer the people that felt "uncomfortable" an invitation from me to go to the range and go over some fire arms saftey and do some shooting.

people are scared of what they don't understand right? so after i thought about it i decided that the best course of action to take was education not alienation i guess would be the best way to put it. we will see if it resolves anything. I'm trying to do my part.

also for yale, a couple of the people that go to the shop are sub 21 (and 1 or 2 sub 18) being the reason that they can't/don't carry and the other individual that says he feels safer with someone like me there has a medical condition that precludes him from carrying (not sure what it's called but his handsshake a lot and he goes through lots of surgeries). The other guys in the shop just do their own thing. I don't really pay a lotta attention to them.

XD40coyote

imported post

Considering all the cool as heck graphic novels out there with excellent art of assorted kickass firearms, and the seeming glorification of such by said artists depicting them in a such a manner, I find it quite ironic that some customers of such a business selling such would feel all uncomfy about OC. Are these anti gun people going in looking for some sort of G rated stuff, like Disney comics? LOL

GawdI wish my art skills were in drawing and illustration, I'd be doing some really kickass graphic novels. The imagination is there, but the rest isn't.

Jizzzle

imported post

ya i can't answer that one for you.

i think it may be a mother possibly that's never been to the store that might have called in. i have seen some childeren (10-12ish)in the shop from time to time but they just ooh and ahh and i just tell them that they need to be responsible and its a big responsibility when they ask questions about it.

other than that i have no idea who it could have been.

Jeffytune

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Jeffytune wrote:
Ok I think I see the problem here, your hanging out in a comic book store.

Start hanging out in a Harley shop or a gun store.

You will meet a better grade of people there, who will not be worried you have a gun.
Ummmmm......There's a difference???
Only in the age of the customers.

But I mean, the age of the people that hang in a comic book store is under mostly under 20, and I would bet it was more the parents of some of the younger one whos parents heard there was older guy hang out there with a gun.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
he knows the laws. i wish that he had cited them and just stood his ground. since january i've spent roughly 4-500 bucks there. not a huge amount, but not bad either. oh well. life goes on.

Right, life goes on.

I think you did very well in checking with the owner up front. But things can change. Fact of life. Owner's probably making the best decision for him and his clientele. He has much motivation to do so, anyway.And he knows how much you've spent there.

Why is it that you eschew CC again? Is it a general opposition you have to CC?

Jizzzle

imported post

Iam just generally against CC for myself. There are your dedicated OCers and your dedicated CCers. I'm just in theformer group. I am in the process of obtaining my Fla Res CCL but it's not come through yet (I'll CC where I absolutely have to). It makes much more sense to me to OC personally andI do take my share of crap for it from buddies who CC.But, lets not start that debate. To each their own.

Thanks for all the responses thus far. I'm against anyone telling me that IHAVE to CC because it makes people nervous.I can't control how someone feels, ifthey feel threatened by the fact that I am legally and responsibly carrying a weapon that'stheir problem. No one has the right to feel safe.Peoplewho think that just promote a false sense of security for themselves.They do have the right however to keep themselves safe. And, reducing the places that people carry openlyafter the fact isn'tthe answerin my opinion (educated or uneducated as it might be).

Ooof. I'm tired. I just ran 2 hours of soccer with some German buddies on base. I'm hitting the shower and the bed. I'll talk to you guys manana.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
HankT wrote:
Iam just generally against CC for myself. There are your dedicated OCers and your dedicated CCers. I'm just in theformer group. I am in the process of obtaining my Fla Res CCL but it's not come through yet (I'll CC where I absolutely have to). It makes much more sense to me to OC personally andI do take my share of crap for it from buddies who CC.
Well, you seem to be saying that you are not a dedicated OCer.

Do you have a CCL now that is valid for carry in NM? If you do not currently have a CCL, then that may be a majorpart of your objection to the store owner's decision since when he tells you that CC is OK with him--since you can't do that. Or does NM allow CC without a license/permit?

I've gotta wonderwhether you would have been as displeased as you are if you had the option of flipping over to CC, an option you've stated is acceptable.

Jizzzle

imported post

HankT wrote:
Jizzzle wrote:
HankT wrote:
Iam just generally against CC for myself. There are your dedicated OCers and your dedicated CCers. I'm just in theformer group. I am in the process of obtaining my Fla Res CCL but it's not come through yet (I'll CC where I absolutely have to). It makes much more sense to me to OC personally andI do take my share of crap for it from buddies who CC.

Do you have a CCL now that is valid for carry in NM? If you do not currently have a CCL, then that may be a majorpart of your objection to the store owner's decision since when he tells you that CC is OK with him--since you can't do that. Or does NM allow CC without a license/permit?

I've gotta wonderwhether you would have been as displeased as you are if you had the option of flipping over to CC, an option you've stated is acceptable.
Huh?

Jizzzle

imported post

HankT wrote:
Jizzzle wrote:
HankT wrote:

Where does it say that i'm not a deditacted ocer? I don't have a valid CCL atm and am i the process of getting the FLA one taken care of. NM does not allow CC without a permit.

Did you not read the post that you quoted? I didn't say CC was acceptable for me. I said I will CC when I absolutely have to (IE there is no other optionlegally, rather than be unarmed or go to jail). But, I'm not going to have someone tell me that I have to because it makes people nervous. If that's the case I will just chose not to go there anymore. For instance I don't go to any stores/gas stations that sell alcohol because it is illegal for me to OC into them. I could just CC or leave it in the truck but, I won't. The theater that I was pulled out of last year, I don't OC there (for obvious reasons) and I don't go there period.

Not to mention. I said before, It's a full size glock frame. I'm thin. No dice.

DHCruiser

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think you handled it well. If it had been me, I'd have responded and said I'm sorry he felt that way. I hope he understands that I won't risk my safety for the "uneasy" feeling some customer has with my carrying. If he decides to change his mind in the future, you'd be happy to return as a customer, but your safety isn't negotiable.

Marco

imported post

HankT wrote:
Have you ever had a CCL?
Do you?

Does Jorsey issue any?

Or, are they like NYC only politically connected people get a license?

If you have a CCL, CHP orLTC how many politicians have you b!@#^ or given money to?

[line]
For you new guys don't answer HT, ignore oranswer his :question:with a :question:.

Jizzzle

imported post

Ok, I talked to the owner. I'm have quite a task ahead of me. Apparently one person brought up that he was uncomfortable with the fact that I OC and other peoplejumped on the band wagonbecause of peer pressure or whatever other reason.

I am going to talk to them on friday night when they all get together for a MTG tournament. They are apparently rather anti and I need to educate.

I'm a teacher by trade but, this is different. I don't know who the individuals are exactly just that they are age 20-35 and are probably all male.I need ideas. I am aware of various court rulings et but, I don't think approaching this from a "i can do it because it's legal" is the way to approach this situation (it does apply here but isn't the best course). The main individual is letting emotion dictate so I think that appealing to that is the best course. But, as always I could be wrong. I was told that he grew up in a "bad neighborhood" and has had many "bad experiences" with guns. I need to counter that.

I was also going to offer them the opportunity to go to the range with me and do some shooting after I run them through basic weapons safety and the normals do's and don'ts so that they can find out for themselves that as long as you follow the rules there is nothing to be afraid of.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as usual. Thanks.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

jizzzle:

getting through an emotional reaction is not easy. Facts and logic take second place to a gut fear in most people. If I were in your shoes, i would start with stressing your training as active duty. If you carryregularly for your speciality, reference that as well.Then move on to your carrying to be able to defend yourself, and by extension those around you. Make the seatbelt analogy.

After you defuse a little of the fear response, maybe then you could go into the heightened penalties you face as active duty if you screw up with a gun. (military penalties on top of whatever the civ courts do)

Stay away from the cliches, however true they are. (when seconds count, the police are only minutes away, etc) Instead talk about how the police cannot prevent crime, they can only respond after the crime has started. (and how you wouldn't want to live in a society where they had that power, ref China, NK, etc)

The range offer is a good idea for any of them over 18, be sure to card them.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Pol