• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good OC encounter yesterday

sirpuma

imported post

Some friends and my family were out yesterday having some relaxing fun in Bremerton (I know, hard to do there). We went to the USS Turner Joy and walked all over it (our friend was on a ship in the Navy and was giving us a tour from his POV). Then after our three hour tour :shock: (pun intended) we went to find some lunch and wound up at the Sizlers.

We went in, ordered, seated and I dished up my salad. While eating, the manager came over and quietly asked me if I was a cop. I said no, just a private citizen. He asked if I could put my gun in my car because he got a couple complaints from customers who said they were concerned. I explained that there was nothing illegal about open carry and he seemed surprised. He said he was all for the 2nd Ammendment so I suggested that he buy a gun. :lol:

He said he was sorry about bugging me but was just addressing these customers issue. I said he could help educate the other customers and ease their fears by letting them know it was ok and I handed him one of our pamphlets. He took it and looked at it and I explained to him that the only place in a restaurant that was illegal to carry a firearm was areas marked as 21 and over only by liquer board. He was cool with that and apologized again and went away.

When we were mostly done with dinner the manager came back and apologized again for bugging me and gave me a bunch of coupons for free salad bar with main entre for my troubles. The staff there was real nice and the manager of the day was professional and cool.

All in all it was a good OC day. :D

arentol

imported post

If you ever get in a similar situation, and it isn't going so well and they insist you put the weapon in your car you can tell them about the time a Wal-Mart store did that and then someone overheard and ended up breaking into the car and stealing the mans gun... Which also resulted in a successful lawsuit against Wal-Mart.

But you don't want to go there right away because it is a little aggressive... It's just an option to be aware of.