• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help in Thornton

schutzhund

imported post

I live in Thornton and just turned 21. I dont know where I can oc and want some help. Im not comfortable ocing on my own for right now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

albritton77

imported post

schutzhund wrote:
I live in Thornton and just turned 21. I dont know where I can oc and want some help. Im not comfortable ocing on my own for right now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Thornton does not reside within Denver, so I don't see any immediate legal problems with open carry. (Reference for county location cited below.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thornton,_Colorado

***Private businesses will always be the exception due to the fact that that they are PRIVATELY owned and operated. Privately owned businesses hold the same legal pretence as privately owned homes.***

For more information, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is a very good (but not definitive) source for CCW, OC, and other Colorado gun related legalities.
http://www.rmgo.org

Good luck and happy open carrying!!!

GAMER80116

imported post

schutzhund, I know how you feel. I turned 21 at the end of March so I know the feeling. The people in this forum are very helpful and try their best to answer questions. I live out in Castle Rock and sometimes it can be a little intimidating. But I am at least forcing myself to do little things like get out of the car for gasoline and whatnot. I think it will be easier whenever the CHP is finally issued, as there is more to back you up. That's my 2 cents. Good luck to you!

By the way, I did go to a restaurant once, and it went better than it could have. Only time I have done it so far (see my first post in forum). Again, it seems to me that most of the people on this forum generally care about helping newbies like us :D so take advantage of that (I am giving them a break because I am so full of questions:?)

ecgoin

imported post

I feel much better when I have backup. Two or more is a good thing. We should meetup. I'm close to you and was +/- raised in Thornton. Make it to the BBQ and we'll talk. Bye the way...BBQ should be a great time!