• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stanley County ccp?

cpac97

imported post

Anyone know the wait time and the cost of ccp in Stanly County?(Albemarle, NC) I know Gods COuntry does the class for around $100, but i heard someone say its another $200 at the sherrifs office. What did it cost you guys and Gals? Just wondering Becouse I just Bought a Gun small enough to conceal and am really won'ting to take the corse asap, but may be set back becouse of the cost.

jkeith

imported post

According to the website for the Stanly Co. Sheriff, the cost is $90.00 which is fairly consistent with other counties (here in Wake Co., the initial ccw costs $80.00). What I don't understand are all these counties that require you to make an appointment with the Sheriff to apply...in Wake Co. you simply walk in, fill out the application, turn in the required documents and haveyour fingerprints taken....no appt necessary and no wait time to put in the application. Obviously some Sheriffs like to put barriers to the process.

lonewolf2810

imported post

cpac97 wrote:
Anyone know the wait time and the cost of ccp in Stanly County?(Albemarle, NC) I know Gods COuntry does the class for around $100, but i heard someone say its another $200 at the sherrifs office. What did it cost you guys and Gals? Just wondering Becouse I just Bought a Gun small enough to conceal and am really won'ting to take the corse asap, but may be set back becouse of the cost.
The cost of the ccw class its self is usually around $50 to $60, from a reputable instructor the cost of the permit at the Sherrifs office runs $90 non refundable. I think this is a state wide cost for the permit and it is to be renewed every 5yrs at a cost of $75. All you need to do is call the Sherrif's dept and they should be able to help you out. Hope this helps.
As far as the wait time for the permit they will let you know when you go to apply and get fingerprinted on the amount of backlog in the capital as that is where they come from. Mine took 90 days but others have gotten them in as little as 2 weeks.

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

The class was $75 for me (The instructor charges whatever he/she wants to, there is no set price).

The Orange County application fee was $90, including fingerprinting. This fee is non-refundable so IF you were to be denied you don't get it back.

Mine took the ENTIRE 90 days.

The permit is good for 5 years.

Have a nice day!