Thread: I am new to this forum.

Post imported post

I just found this forum and I would like to say that it is very educational and I like hearing all the stories. I've been a gun owner for a few years and I CC 98% of the time. I found this site because I was very interested in oc'ing. This answered alot of questions I have had been looking for for a while now. Thanks to everyone!!!!

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

Welcome to the OC forum, sir.

I'm Brandon.

What types of guns do you like/have/want to have?

Post imported post

I own a keltec .380......I want a glock....40...or a...45. I haven't decided yet what is recommended better to carry in Glocks. I'm looking for comfort and accuracy. Which # is a good all around gun? I choose glock because they have no safty switch, they are comfortable, and I love the look and style of the gun.

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA

Post imported post

One of the most popular Glocks is the 23, which is a compact chambered in .40. If you want to hold a couple more rounds, the Glock 22 is the full size version.

Check out the Wikipedia chart towards the bottom of the page for all the basic info on each of the Glocks:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_17

Post imported post

Hey me too, I am new to this forum. I was looking forward to being more educated on the open carry laws. I am from Wake County and I just obtained my CCW permit last month, and I too want to know what is the best Glock which has the less kick, holds the most ammo, isn't heavy, slim in complexion, and perfect to have concealed. Can you guys give me some kind of idea of which one to buy please?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Mr. Glock wrote:
    Hey me too, I am new to this forum. I was looking forward to being more educated on the open carry laws. I am from Wake County and I just obtained my CCW permit last month, and I too want to know what is the best Glock which has the less kick, holds the most ammo, isn't heavy, slim in complexion, and perfect to have concealed. Can you guys give me some kind of idea of which one to buy please?
    Least recoil, largest ammo capacity, not heavy, slim, and concealable? I haven't a clue if a handgun like that even exists, but I guarantee if it does, it's not a Glock!

Post imported post

What gun do you recommend?

State Researcher

Post imported post

AudioOutlawz wrote:
    What gun do you recommend?
    For large-caliber concealed carry, I carry a .40 caliber Walther PPS. With a slide that's less than an inch wide, it is by far the most concealable large-caliber handgun I have found.

For open carry, I personally carry a .40 caliber SW99. It is the S&W version of the Walther P99. I would recommend either of them. I would also highly recommend the S&W M&P series.

Post imported post

I've been looking for a handgun for a couple years now. well bill has been bringing me home a number of diff. handguns. I found the absolute best one randomly& love it about a week ago. its a .38 special S&W m40 classic. :O)

I'll second theM&P with the interchangeable back straps though. Very nice.

Banned

Post imported post

... amberalisemc ...

The Smith and Wesson snubs are my favorite also . Front sight alighment keeps the lead well within the circle too . The model 36 from 1966 with a hammer and now a 642 PRO PORT without the hammer like yours ...

Post imported post

That's a beautiful gun!!

Post imported post

For concealed carry, I like the Glock 27...it is .40 caliber. For a pocket pistol, I'm trying to find a micro desert eagle...handled one last weekend and really like it....hard to find. The micro desert eagle is chambered in .380 acp.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Least recoil, largest ammo capacity, not heavy, slim, and concealable?* I haven't a clue if a handgun like that even exists, but I guarantee if it does, it's not a Glock!
    Dreqo, I believe we may have to put you back in timeout.

Post imported post

i just found this site my self i like the springfield 9mm xd kinded like the glock but not nice gun check one out nice for caring not to heavey