• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am new to this forum.

AudioOutlawz

imported post

I just found this forum and I would like to say that it is very educational and I like hearing all the stories. :) I've been a gun owner for a few years and I CC 98% of the time. I found this site because I was very interested in oc'ing. This answered alot of questions I have had been looking for for a while now. Thanks to everyone!!!!

AudioOutlawz

imported post

I own a keltec .380......I want a glock....40...or a...45. I haven't decided yet what is recommended better to carry in Glocks. I'm looking for comfort and accuracy. Which # is a good all around gun? I choose glock because they have no safty switch, they are comfortable, and I love the look and style of the gun.

Mr. Glock

imported post

Hey me too, I am new to this forum. I was looking forward to being more educated on the open carry laws. I am from Wake County and I just obtained my CCW permit last month, and I too want to know what is the best Glock which has the less kick, holds the most ammo, isn't heavy, slim in complexion, and perfect to have concealed. Can you guys give me some kind of idea of which one to buy please?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Mr. Glock wrote:
Hey me too, I am new to this forum. I was looking forward to being more educated on the open carry laws. I am from Wake County and I just obtained my CCW permit last month, and I too want to know what is the best Glock which has the less kick, holds the most ammo, isn't heavy, slim in complexion, and perfect to have concealed. Can you guys give me some kind of idea of which one to buy please?
Least recoil, largest ammo capacity, not heavy, slim, and concealable? I haven't a clue if a handgun like that even exists, but I guarantee if it does, it's not a Glock!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

AudioOutlawz wrote:
What gun do you recommend?

For large-caliber concealed carry, I carry a .40 caliber Walther PPS. With a slide that's less than an inch wide, it is by far the most concealable large-caliber handgun I have found.

For open carry, I personally carry a .40 caliber SW99. It is the S&W version of the Walther P99. I would recommend either of them. I would also highly recommend the S&W M&P series.

amberalisemc

imported post

I've been looking for a handgun for a couple years now. well bill has been bringing me home a number of diff. handguns. I found the absolute best one randomly& love it about a week ago. its a .38 special S&W m40 classic. :O)

I'll second theM&P with the interchangeable back straps though. Very nice.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

... amberalisemc ...

The Smith and Wesson snubs are my favorite also . Front sight alighment keeps the lead well within the circle too . The model 36 from 1966 with a hammer and now a 642 PRO PORT without the hammer like yours ...

jkeith

imported post

For concealed carry, I like the Glock 27...it is .40 caliber. For a pocket pistol, I'm trying to find a micro desert eagle...handled one last weekend and really like it....hard to find. The micro desert eagle is chambered in .380 acp.

acritical

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Least recoil, largest ammo capacity, not heavy, slim, and concealable?  I haven't a clue if a handgun like that even exists, but I guarantee if it does, it's not a Glock!

Dreqo, I believe we may have to put you back in timeout. :lol: