After the meeting, we will head to a local restaurant for continued
    fellowship. If you plan to carry at the restaurant, you will need to
    open carry since the restaurant has a license to sell alcoholic
    beverages for on premises consumption.

Directions can be found on the VCDL web site at:
    http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Can't make it this time, unfortunately. Man-child has an awards ceremony at school that night.

OUCH. Missing a VCDL meeting AND being disarmed to do it.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I'm coming home from JMU tomorrow night so I may be able to make it. I haven't been since my first meeting in December.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I would love to go, but everytime they hold a meeting they have one at the very edge of the state. It's more than a 4 hour drive from where I am. They need to hold meetings in the SE part of VA.

Post imported post

Dispatcher, VCDL does hold meetings in the Richmond andTidewater areas from time to time, roughly every 3-4 months. If you subscribe to VA-Alert (which is free) they do a good job of informing where these meetings are held and the dates.

VCDL was started in the NoVA area, and it'smembership is denser up north as well. That's the main reason most of the meetings are held in Annandale.

Now here's where I'm gonna ask you to so something painful. VCDL is a volunteer organization, andit relies on volunteers to do most of the "work". I'd be willing to bet green money that if YOU secured a meeting spot with seating for at least 50 persons in your area and informed the VCDL leadership of the reservation, one of the board members or EM's would gladly show up and run a VCDL meeting for you. Balls in your court!

Post imported post

I'll be at the pre meeting location at 6pm as usual.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    VCDL was started in the NoVA area, and it'smembership is denser up north as well.
    Hey! Who're you callin' dense?!

Post imported post

TexasNative wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    VCDL was started in the NoVA area, and it'smembership is denser up north as well.
    Hey! Who're you callin' dense?!
    He wasn't looking at you when he said that, Boyd, he was was looking at that guy behind you...honest. :P

Post imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
    He wasn't looking at you when he said that, Boyd, he was was looking at that guy behind you...honest. :P
    It's always a good feeling to have Ed behind me, backing me up.

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

Nice seeing everyone again.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Nice seeing everyone again.
    Yes. Nice seeing everyone. Including the new folks.

Oh! Including the veteran folks! We have a confirmed sighting of Tex1n!!! He has not disappeared off the face of the earth!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Good meeting.

The one issue of interest for all was the discussion about our (Phillip) networking with our counterparts in other states for support in fighting our respective regional issues, as well as presenting a common front against the national ones.

The example Phillip spoke of was the Carry in National Parks issue. Some states have very few National Parks, while this issue is a big one for us. Putting this on the radar screen of like-minded folk who otherwise might not care would benefit us, and we would reciprocate in lending them a hand as required.

The idea was for us all to make each other aware of our issues and to lend support, as well as to share 'best practices' in addressing issues we each may be having locally.

One great idea was to have the email addresses of some key folks in other regions, knowing that they would rally their troops and make them aware of the need for help (just as many here post the VA Alert and action items).

Of course, the downside is fragmenting our attention such that the focus on Virginia suffers.