• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NoVA VCDL meeting this Thursday the 23rd

RedKnightt

imported post

The monthly VCDL membership meeting will be held at the Mason Government
Center in Annandale:

Date: Thursday, April 23
Time: 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Room: Large Conference Room
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003

As always, the meeting is open to the public, so bring friends, family,
and coworkers!

The meeting will be called to order at 8:00 PM, but fellowship will
start at 7:30 PM.

After the meeting, we will head to a local restaurant for continued
fellowship. If you plan to carry at the restaurant, you will need to
open carry since the restaurant has a license to sell alcoholic
beverages for on premises consumption.

Directions can be found on the VCDL web site at:
http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Can't make it this time, unfortunately. Man-child has an awards ceremony at school that night.

OUCH. Missing a VCDL meeting AND being disarmed to do it.

hunter45

imported post

I'm coming home from JMU tomorrow night so I may be able to make it. I haven't been since my first meeting in December.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would love to go, but everytime they hold a meeting they have one at the very edge of the state. It's more than a 4 hour drive from where I am. They need to hold meetings in the SE part of VA.

IanB

imported post

Dispatcher, VCDL does hold meetings in the Richmond andTidewater areas from time to time, roughly every 3-4 months. If you subscribe to VA-Alert (which is free) they do a good job of informing where these meetings are held and the dates.

VCDL was started in the NoVA area, and it'smembership is denser up north as well. That's the main reason most of the meetings are held in Annandale.

Now here's where I'm gonna ask you to so something painful. VCDL is a volunteer organization, andit relies on volunteers to do most of the "work". I'd be willing to bet green money that if YOU secured a meeting spot with seating for at least 50 persons in your area and informed the VCDL leadership of the reservation, one of the board members or EM's would gladly show up and run a VCDL meeting for you. Balls in your court!

nova

imported post

I'll be at the pre meeting location at 6pm as usual.

TexasNative

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
He wasn't looking at you when he said that, Boyd, he was was looking at that guy behind you...honest. :p
It's always a good feeling to have Ed behind me, backing me up.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
Nice seeing everyone again. :)

Yes. Nice seeing everyone. Including the new folks.

Oh! Including the veteran folks! We have a confirmed sighting of Tex1n!!! He has not disappeared off the face of the earth!

Glock27Bill

imported post

Good meeting.

The one issue of interest for all was the discussion about our (Phillip) networking with our counterparts in other states for support in fighting our respective regional issues, as well as presenting a common front against the national ones.

The example Phillip spoke of was the Carry in National Parks issue. Some states have very few National Parks, while this issue is a big one for us. Putting this on the radar screen of like-minded folk who otherwise might not care would benefit us, and we would reciprocate in lending them a hand as required.

The idea was for us all to make each other aware of our issues and to lend support, as well as to share 'best practices' in addressing issues we each may be having locally.

One great idea was to have the email addresses of some key folks in other regions, knowing that they would rally their troops and make them aware of the need for help (just as many here post the VA Alert and action items).

Of course, the downside is fragmenting our attention such that the focus on Virginia suffers.