• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving Back to WV OC & CCW laws

Magicmanmb

imported post

Wife and I will be moving back to West Virginia in a few months and looking for someone in the Huntington area that does CCW classes. I had a back injury followed by a coronary and my SC CWP expired while I was in the hospital. By the time I realized it was renewal time I was over the grace period. I'm still covered under HR218 for carry but once I leave this taxed to death hole I'm not coming back in 5 years to have my I.D. redone and prove I can hit a target with 50 rounds at 7 yds.

I know Cabell county still has Kim Wolfe as Sheriff was wandering what the turn around time is on permits, and an Instructor in the area. If they need references for me I'm related to many fine upstanding crooks (politicians) there.

Thanks. SC is trying to work on OC laws so support them where you can. It was a Democrat that got us CCW and class 3 weapons here sort of funny there.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

The same proof of training you used to get your SC CWP also fulfills West Virginia's training requirement. You can find additional information here or PM me.

Magicmanmb

imported post

Hopefully we can get ours renewed before we move by law they have 90 days to issue but since the budget cuts 120 to 180 days is not unheard ofhey went from 5 people to one doing thejob.

Thanks for the info.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

It may not be worthwhile to renew your SC CWP if you're definitely moving soon. WV law provides that a reciprocal state's license is invalid in WV unless you are a resident of the issuing state (recently-passed legislation modifies that rule to instead provide that the person must not be a WV resident, but that still would not help you). SC law may also render a SC CWP invalid if you move out of the state unless you own real property there.

Magicmanmb

imported post

Are there any instructors in the Huntington area? In SC if you were to move from a reciprocal state they would just want you to pay the SC fee if the other state required at least 8 hours training. We are looking to be there before school starts since we have a 11 y/o who would be going back into public school. We've home-schooled for the last 3 years due to the schools here being about 30 years behind the times. They still teach that the Civil War was about slavery, instead of states rights. Math and English are even worse.