• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New CCDL Membership Form

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

That is a good point. The Inc. can be added after we are incorporated. The addition of extra letters will turn it into 2 lines so that I will have to make some other changes to the sizing on the form. I could add it now, and maybe we do not distribute them until after we are legal.

Hopefully the process of incorporationwill be fairly quick.

romma

imported post

Last concern of mine: Date and time where we meet may be subject to change after wemodify to a permanent standing board. Should we post that date and time? Or should we refer to the web site/Facebook for meeting dates and times?

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

To take it off is a 2 second task.

However I really like the feel of a permanent Time and place. It makes the organization feel so much more solid.

I do understand that the time or place could absolutely change. However we are basically a club or org without a clubhouse, and due to the costs that would beassociated with such a house, the Elks is extremely reasonable and seem to be very accommodating.

So in closing I think that it projects us in a positive light on the form that we have meetings that are very regular and in a set place. It shows the stability of our group and the fact that we are all committed to see this through to a point when we will be a very large and powerful group in CT.

Dieselsmoke

imported post

(permanent Time and place) Isthe way to go it shows that we are a solid group that has regular meetings at the same place. I have found that keeping it simple and to the point is the best way to start out you can add later or change as you go.I was in a few Vol Fire Depts for over 17 years changes will come not only to your membership form Bylaws ect itsgoing to need fine tuning as you more forward and keep up with changing times Steve

romma

imported post

My concern is, if we get dis-invited by the Elks or something happens likewe cut back to every other month after a pemanent structure is in place, or quarterly (sometimes VCDL does that) then our name is in gun shops across the State and no way to retrieve the flyers without some seriouslegwork.

If we post our schedule on the front page of the Facebook/website, we have better control.

The VCDL emails out their schedule as it is set. Although I do understand we are not VCDL... Justthought I would post out how groups with prior experience do some things.

romma

imported post

Well Lenny, we posted this for a couple of days with links to the discussion at both Facebook, and private emails of the other members.

Unless somebody adds something to the discussion, heck, bring the form and the box top to the next meeting, and let's try to pass thesefor approval to distribute once incorporation goes through..

That's my suggestion. Good job Lenny, and thank you for taking on this project.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Scott,

I will bring my laptop to the next meeting so that everyone can have a visual of what we are disscussing. I did another one a little different, and with some color. The color would probably add to the cost of printing, but it looks really good. If anyone wants a preview please request from me. I would email to all like I have in the past except there has not been as much response on here as anticipated. I figure that most would just be happy as long as we have something to distribute.

Everyone will be able to see them at the next meeeting.

Lenny

Dieselsmoke

imported post

My thanks to Lenny..... I do understand about the Elks place and how that can change I am a member of C.M.R.A. Connecticut Motorcycle Riders Association which is the Abate group for CT Their membership application form goes to a PO box and their meeting dates are posted in a news letter with Legislative Updates and which they changed meeting place after 4-5 years same date time different Location I will bring the news letter, App form with me. Maybe it will provide info to us Steve