• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA PHOENIX 2009 R U GOING ?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Sarah Palin a great supporter of the 2nd amendment will be given a tribute AR-15 created in all white and a second one will be auctioned at the 2009NRA Phoenix meet .

Who's going ? Canwe OC inside ? Anything planned near by ?

Marcuss Luttrell , the former Navy Seal and author of " Lone Survivor , Oliver North , Mitt Romney , John Bolton , Michael Reagan , John Stossel and Haley Barbour will be speaking .

Chez

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
Who's going ? Canwe OC inside
I read that they don't allow firearms. If it is true, there is no way that I would go and give money to an association that is supposed to protect my rights to carry. :cuss:

GWbiker

imported post

chesphoto wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:
I read that they don't allow firearms. If it is true, there is no way that I would go and give money to an association that is supposed to protect my rights to carry. :cuss:
Nope, not true. Guns will be allowed in the Convention Center as per Arizona law. Won't be allowed in certain areas that serve booze by the drink.........

Here's the link:

http://www.gunlaws.com/ArizonaEventsAndNews4-09.htm

vermontca

imported post

I am hoping to drive down to be part of the NRA Annual Meeting in Pheonix, but my plans to potentially stay with some extended family have fallen through. Does anyone have the ability to put up with an NRA Member from way up here in Canada for a few days, or can pass on my contact information to a local community member who may be able to assist me?

I sure would appreciate it.

:)"Be Good All Day"
Paul
Cherry Valley, Ontario, Canada. (across Lake Ontario from Rochester NY)

1stfreedom

imported post

chesphoto wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:
Convention Center policy dictates when and where we can carry.

had a similar problem last year in Louisville, but they were able to work through it.

Chez

imported post

To fulfill my apology to the NRA, I just joined the NRA.

I hope to be at the convention on Saturday. If anyone is up for a get together, start posting a meeting place and time.

fairfax1

imported post

NRA event spurs need for no-liquor areas http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...04nra0505.html

Phoenix Convention Center officials asked the state to temporarily suspend part of its liquor license so that gun enthusiasts can tote weapons at next week's National Rifle Association convention.

The NRA will start its three-day national convention in Phoenix next Friday. The event is expected to draw as many as 50,000 people.

In Arizona, people can't carry weapons where alcohol is served. If the center did not suspend its license, gun owners would not be able to bring weapons into the convention center complex. NRA plans to hold a gun expo in the convention center's 300,000 square foot lower level.

"It is unusual to suspend part of a license and it's even more unusual to do it for a weapons event," said Lee Hill spokeswoman for the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control.

Alcohol won't be served on most the center's 26-acre campus during the NRA convention. The only exceptions will be three areas where the NRA plans to hold receptions, said Mark Wallace assistant general manager for Aventura, the catering company that handles food service at the convention center.

During those events, the NRA will operate a gun-check area, where attendees can stow weapons until they leave the reception, Wallace added. NRA officials could not be reached for comment Monday.

Chez

imported post

We need to get the legislature to overturn the ban of guns at places that serve liqueur. A fair compromise would be that if you are carrying, you can't consume. At least you would still be able to protect yourself and family at an Applebees if you decided not to drink.

What do you think?

impulse

imported post

chesphoto wrote:
We need to get the legislature to overturn the ban of guns at places that serve liqueur. A fair compromise would be that if you are carrying, you can't consume. At least you would still be able to protect yourself and family at an Applebees if you decided not to drink.

What do you think?
I agree 100%

OC/CC 9mm

imported post

"Lawful carry of firearms is allowed at the Phoenix Convention Center during the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits except at events where alcohol is being served. Alcohol will be served at the following events, which makes possession of firearms at these events unlawful under state law:"

http://www.nraam.org

I probably will be there Friday or Saturday morning. Planning to OC (Since it is lawful way in AZ)

:dude:

SA-TX

Centurion
imported post

impulse418 wrote:
chesphoto wrote:

What do you think?
I agree 100%
I'll go one better: how about Texas law? You can carry as long as you are not legally intoxicated. That means you can have that beer or a glass of wine with dinner. After all, it does seem silly that you can operate a 2 ton weapon (a vehicle) up until you are over the limit but you cannot be trusted withyour sidearm.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If I can not drive over a .08 BAC I get designated driver. If you drink while you carry, get a designated carrier. Only makes sense.:lol::lol:

Chez

imported post

SA-TX wrote:
impulse418 wrote:
chesphoto wrote:

What do you think?
I agree 100%
I'll go one better: how about Texas law? You can carry as long as you are not legally intoxicated. That means you can have that beer or a glass of wine with dinner. After all, it does seem silly that you can operate a 2 ton weapon (a vehicle) up until you are over the limit but you cannot be trusted withyour sidearm.
Yeah, I agree, the Texas law is even better. If it is safe to drive, it seems it would be safe to carry too.

OC/CC 9mm

imported post

I think I prefer most CC too (all OC until I get my permit)

Here is what my plan is actually: If there is a meeting with gun people, I OC... During HOT summer days, I OC. other time, I'll CC.

That's why my username is OC/CC 9mm (for the 9mm Ruger SR9 I have)

PS: I will be visiting the convention on Friday and Saturday.

OC/CC 9mm

imported post

No one OCed today at the show. Tomorrow, I might be the only one on the exhibition, who is not working for the show or not a cop that is carrying gun openly.