• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pittsburgh wants their own gun laws?

Sig229

imported post

When I lived in Colorado, Denver was able to pass their own laws about open carry and carry in a vehicle.

So, it can happen.
But lets hope not!

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Section 6201 of Title 18, the Crimes Code, says no counties, municipalities, cities, or townships may regulate the possession, transfer, or transportation of firearms, ammunition, or ammunition components in a way inconsistent with the laws of the Commonwealth. For example, a township may not prohibit the ownership or possession of a pistol within its borders.

CowboyKen

imported post

Sig229 wrote:
Then how come you cant OC in Philly?
(I may be wrong on that though)

You are wrong. However, the state legislature, in its wisdom, has seen fit to provide that to do so in Philadelphia you are required to have a valid LTCF.

Ken

Mr. D

imported post

§6108. Carrying Firearms on Public Streets or Public Property in Philadelphia.
No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of the first class unless:
(1) such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or
(2) such person is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) of this title
(relating to firearms not to be carried without a license)