• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Inyo National Forest.......

simplysteven

imported post

Hello all,
So I just called the White Mtn ranger station located in the Inyo National forest. As some of you may have read I'm heading up for the Trout season opener. I thought it might be good idea to call ahead and get some basic weather and snowline information as well as have some voice to voice contact with a ranger regarding UOC. At first "SHE" was very clear about HER views towards carying a firearm in the national forest (Why would you want to do that? ) I explained to her that it was for personal protection. She imediately asked a buzz question which I found very interesting. She asked if I was carrying loaded or unloaded & assumed I was carrying concealed (which I enformed her that I was not carrying loaded or concealed). Not being a CCW permit holder, I assumed the obvious. No permit <> No concealed carry! At this point her tone changed (which threw me for a loop!). She began to tell me that It is my choice to carry a firearm as long as I respected the laws governing possesion of a firearm in the forest. She even went as far to tell me that if I was fishing (which I will be!), that I could carry concealed just not loaded < CA Penal Code 12027(g) >. I have to hand it her, she knew her stuff! I just thought I'd share this information with those of you who may not know.
If anyone is interested in knowing the entire definition of this handy exemption, please let me know.... I'd be happy to share with you. I just didn't want to type any more (sorry). Oh and just for the record this is National Forest territory, not a National Park or a State Park.

Thanks for reading..

Always learning
SS

simplysteven

imported post

That code does not apply to a state park. They have their own regulations as well. I believe you can have (unloaded and in a locked container) within the park boundaries. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Always learning

SS