Thread: Magazine Holder

Post imported post

I am new to the OC movement, I want to make sure I am 100% in compliance. I have a holster that is fine but for my magazines I have a police duty belt style dual mag holder. It holds the mags but pretty much covers them from view ther then the top and bottom. I know that having the mag in your pocket makes it 12025 and illegal. So does this count as concealing the mags? I am thinking I might go buy an open top hard plastic carrier?

Ideas?

Thanks!!

Post imported post

These should be fine as they are obvious magazine holders. An LEO is sure to recognize them as that. As a matter of fact, there's a few members here that use them.

Post imported post

PRC-E6 wrote:
    These should be fine as they are obvious magazine holders. An LEO is sure to recognize them as that. As a matter of fact, there's a few members here that use them.
    -Waves-

When I first got started, the double mag pouch depicted is almost identical to what I was using. Police will certainly recognize it for what it is, but in all likelihood, I dont believe whether or not your magazines are considered concealed will be raised. We are, however adding an additional layer of precaution.

I have since purchased an open top double mag holster. Call me fussy, but I didnt care for the ripping noise that the velcro makes when you open them.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

well i got the snaps on these ones! but still... I kind of want to error on the side of caution. I found a nice holster with a built in mag holder but it wont fir my mag I carry a Kimber BP Ten II which is basically a 1911 but the holster will only hold the single stack 1911 mags so i think im going to go pick up a open top kydex style mag holder.... 30 bucks is cheaper then a lawyer in a criminal case....

Thanks for everyones opinions!!!

Post imported post

I got those same ones and hated them. They fit the magazine too tight
    and they were tough to get out. Make sure and try for fit before buying!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Any exposed magazine holster is 12025 compliant. Read 12025(g) and you'll find that firearms carried openly in holsters are exempt from the statute. Under the case law that equates a magazine to a firearm, you cannot conceal a magazine if it makes the firearm readily loadable. (If you're not carrying the firearm, concealing a mag is perfectly legal.)

So, since the logic requires the court to consider a magazine a firearm in order to apply 12025, the magazine would then fit the exemption in 12025(g).
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

I carry a similar pouch, but mine is leather with snaps. It has passed muster during a police 12031(e) check for loaded status. No issues.