Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Are you licensed to reload that ammo ?

  1. #1
    Regular Member doug23838's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    302

    Post imported post



    You gotta read this one.

    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...p;pageId=95733


    Of course. We'll do what we do in this country. We'll outlaw something. Then sell you a permit to do it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    300

    Post imported post

    Yeah, I saw that, and the similar GOA alert, plus the lukewarm NRA comments. I sent my email off to the idgits complaining about this.



    I am very concerned about this.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    I don't know.... It's kinda like a little kid that keeps pushing the envelope to see if they can get away with something. Perhaps we should let them go ahead and then let them experience the backlash! They may not try it again for a long, long time :^). Instead of a million mom march we could have a million armed man march...... I'd be there.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    410

    Post imported post

    packingdressagerider wrote:
    Yeah, I saw that, and the similar GOA alert, plus the lukewarm NRA comments. I sent my email off to the idgits complaining about this.



    I am very concerned about this.
    Here's the GOA link to fire off a quick email to your senators: http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/a...SS=Take+Action

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia, , USA
    Posts
    311

    Post imported post

    Neplusultra wrote:
    I don't know.... It's kinda like a little kid that keeps pushing the envelope to see if they can get away with something. Perhaps we should let them go ahead and then let them experience the backlash! They may not try it again for a long, long time :^). Instead of a million mom march we could have a million armed man march...... I'd be there.
    They'd arrest a crowd of a couple hundred armed protesters in DC... But would they DARE touch a million?

  6. #6
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    Dispatcher wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    I don't know.... It's kinda like a little kid that keeps pushing the envelope to see if they can get away with something. Perhaps we should let them go ahead and then let them experience the backlash! They may not try it again for a long, long time :^). Instead of a million mom march we could have a million armed man march...... I'd be there.
    They'd arrest a crowd of a couple hundred armed protesters in DC... But would they DARE touch a million?
    I think they'd be forced to do something. Remember even GW marched against the Whiskey Rebellion and put it down. But at a million it would be a fair fight. The problem is organization. Plenty of ex-military. As can be seen by the TEA parties getting people together is not an issue. Organizing them into a cohesive force to be reckoned with is.

    The pendulum is swinging back towards freedom and rights, at least as far as sentiment goes. Let them try the back door and we'll give them the same lesson they learned last time when they tried the front.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    leesburg, va, ,
    Posts
    68

    Post imported post

    Is there any documentation supporting a precedent of anyone manufacturing ammunition explicitly for export to foreign entities in an illicit fashion? isn't this all covered by ATF via FFL Type 6 and ITAR? isn't this then just saying "if you do illegal things, that's illegal!"?

    edit: obviously other than the permitting of recreational reloaders - i mean, is there any substance to this that isn't already covered by laws on the books, and are there any incidents of people breaking those laws that this is in response to, or is this just a kneejerk law crafted out of ignorance to the current laws?

  8. #8
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    bdodds wrote:
    Is there any documentation supporting a precedent of anyone manufacturing ammunition explicitly for export to foreign entities in an illicit fashion? isn't this all covered by ATF via FFL Type 6 and ITAR? isn't this then just saying "if you do illegal things, that's illegal!"?

    edit: obviously other than the permitting of recreational reloaders - i mean, is there any substance to this that isn't already covered by laws on the books, and are there any incidents of people breaking those laws that this is in response to, or is this just a kneejerk law crafted out of ignorance to the current laws?
    You're exactly right. Other laws cover all this stuff. Except this new treaty makes it illegal to reload for personal use without a governmental license. Which is the sole purpose of the treaty, IMO. Gotta keep tabs on whose doing what.... Of course if they're reloading that also means they have guns, definitely gotta keep tabs on that!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    leesburg, va, ,
    Posts
    68

    Post imported post

    I knew this sounded familiar - this is the CIFTA thing from 12 years ago again.. for some reason i was thinking this was new legislation crafted by those in office currently, ignorant of already enacted legislation - ignore my question about precedent..

  10. #10
    Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mercer Island, Washington, USA
    Posts
    922

    Post imported post

    Neplusultra wrote:
    The pendulum is swinging back towards freedom and rights, at least as far as sentiment goes. Let them try the back door and we'll give them the same lesson they learned last time when they tried the front.
    The pendulum never seems to get all the way back to freedom and rights, always one notch further down the path to a completely controlled society. This is of course by design. The pendulum swings10' to the total control side, then 9'11'' inches back to freedom, and then back to 10' of the control side only to return to 9'10''. We're now at around a 10' to 6' swing and every decade, we have less rights than the decade before that and more laws restricting our rights... then yes, they require is to get PERMITS to exercise our rights.... how insulting is that. A permit to exercise a pre-existing right.

    When are people going to demand the government roll back some of it's controls? I know plenty of people here in the Seattle area who are more than happy with the controls, and want even more. They want socialized medicine, they want an even bigger government and they want guns to be 100% banned like in the UK.

    Like back when the original revolution happened, at least 1/3 of the population agrees with what Obama is doing and wants him to do it even faster. Around 1/3 doesn't really pay attention and will go whatever way the majority seems to be going and 1/3 is to some degree or another, against the loss of freedoms. However, of that 1/3, only around 10% are actually willing to get worked up about it and write congress and or the President and then, only 10% of them would ever get worked up enough to attend events like thetea parties.... and because of work or other responsibilities, only half of that 10% would likely show up... giving us the number that was actually reached on April 15th.

    It will take a small percentage of the population and not a majority, to take back this country and that will only happen after the government makes a big move. So the slow pot of water will eventually boil us all to death as not many realize how precariously balanced we are at the precipice of Fascism.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Inwood, West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    60

    Post imported post

    INTER-AMERICAN CONVENTION AGAINST THE ILLICIT MANUFACTURING OF AND TRAFFICKING IN FIREARMS, AMMUNITION, EXPLOSIVES, AND OTHER RELATED MATERIALS:

    http://www.oas.org/juridico/english/treaties/a-63.html

    Definition 1biswhat has everyone upset. An anti-RKBA administration could interpretit strictly toban not only reloading, but also building up your own AR/AK/etc from a stripped receiver and parts kit as this is defined as "manufacturing" by the BATFE. Note that the term "State Party" means nation-state like the US, Mexico, Canada, etc.


    Article I
    Definitions

    For the purposes of this Convention, the following definitions shall apply:

    1. "Illicit manufacturing": the manufacture or assembly of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials:


    a. from components or parts illicitly trafficked; or

    b. without a license from a competent governmental authority of the State Party where the manufacture or assembly takes place; or

    c. without marking the firearms that require marking at the time of manufacturing.
    2. "Illicit trafficking": the import, export, acquisition, sale, delivery, movement, or transfer of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials from or across the territory of one State Party to that of another State Party, if any one of the States Parties concerned does not authorize it.

    3. "Firearms":


    a. any barreled weapon which will or is designed to or may be readily converted to expel a bullet or projectile by the action of an explosive, except antique firearms manufactured before the 20th Century or their replicas; or

    b. any other weapon or destructive device such as any explosive, incendiary or gas bomb, grenade, rocket, rocket launcher, missile, missile system, or mine.
    4. "Ammunition": the complete round or its components, including cartridge cases, primers, propellant powder, bullets, or projectiles that are used in any firearm.

    5. "Explosives": any substance or article that is made, manufactured, or used to produce an explosion, detonation, or propulsive or pyrotechnic effect, except:


    a. substances and articles that are not in and of themselves explosive; or

    b. substances and articles listed in the Annex to this Convention.
    6. "Other related materials": any component, part, or replacement part of a firearm, or an accessory which can be attached to a firearm.

    7. "Controlled delivery": the technique of allowing illicit or suspect consignments of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials to pass out of, through, or into the territory of one or more states, with the knowledge and under the supervision of their competent authorities, with a view to identifying persons involved in the commission of offenses referred to in Article IV of this Convention.


    EFI, LLC - 07/C2 in Inwood, WV
    Custom firearms, gunsmithing, machine gun rentals, and it's just $10 for a Transfer!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    everyone should check out www.secondamendmentmarch.comThey are already planning a march like you are talking about it's the million gun owner march

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •