• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Carried When & Where

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you open carried off your property where others who did not know you were present, how about telling uswhen and where, and the result ofany law enforcement contact. This would identify inconsistentLEA actions between and within jurisdictions that may be useful in futurelegal battles.

GJD

imported post

Well - I was detained by the Kenosha police last February. Threatened with a disorderly conduct charge. I ended up talking with a veteran officer who had a general concept of the law and I was released and had my gun returned.

I carried several times before that and after.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Both my GF and myself always carry holstered firearms when we are out picking berries or walking the pooch be it around our home, or out in the more rural parts of the area.

We have had contact with County Law enforcement because he was concerned that we were having car trouble and he stopped to verify our well being.
He saw our holstered weapons and simply asked "have the bears been an issue"? We thanked him for checking on us and wetold each other to have a good day. This took place in Oneida County near Hazelhurst.