• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How is this anti-gun?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I realize you were just being humorous without doing a legal analysis, but your caption plays right into the anti's hands. It shows the homeowner would back-shoot the crook after the threat has passed. Press, police, and anti-gunners read this forum.

If you decide to delete yours, let me know via PM so I can delete this post.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I realize you were just being humorous without doing a legal analysis, but your caption plays right into the anti's hands. It shows the homeowner would back-shoot the crook after the threat has passed. Press, police, and anti-gunners read this forum.

He's still on their property and knows where they live. He's a threat. If this took place in California... let him live and he can sue you.... and win.

So no, I won't change it.Amasked man comesinto my house with a weapon at night and I'll make sure he's dead. And yes, a crowbar is a weapon.

No matter what you do, the antigunners will almost always be antigun. They will not apologize for their views and neither will I. Just say you don't agree and be done with it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Citizen wrote:

He's still on their property and knows where they live. He's a threat. If this took place in California... let him live and he can sue you.... and win.

So no, I won't change it.Amasked man comesinto my house with a weapon at night and I'll make sure he's dead. And yes, a crowbar is a weapon.

No matter what you do, the antigunners will almost always be antigun. They will not apologize for their views and neither will I. Just say you don't agree and be done with it.

OK. So, you don't wantto deny ammo to the anti's. Fine.

Would you mind notmaking us look like law-breakers.The common law on justified lethal force includes that the justification for lethal force stops when the immediate threat stops. See In the Gravest Extreme by Massad Ayoob,perhaps the foremost self-defense expert witness in the country. Also, google AOJ (ability, opportunity, jeopardy)

Nevermind the extensive discussions both on OCDO and in the armed self-defense world aboutshooting to stop instead of shooting to kill."Making sure he is dead", in your context, means to ensure that he dies. Doing soafter theimmediate threat stops may very well get you amanslaughter charge.

For any guests reading this forum, we repudiate the above views of Washingtonian_For_Liberty on lethal force.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Citizen wrote:
OK. So, you don't wantto deny ammo to the anti's. Fine.

Would you mind notmaking us look like law-breakers.The common law on justified lethal force includes that the justification for lethal force stops when the immediate threat stops. See In the Gravest Extreme by Massad Ayoob,perhaps the foremost self-defense expert witness in the country. Also, google AOJ (ability, opportunity, jeopardy)

Nevermind the extensive discussions both on OCDO and in the armed self-defense world aboutshooting to stop instead of shooting to kill."Making sure he is dead", in your context, means to ensure that he dies. Doing soafter theimmediate threat stops may very well get you amanslaughter charge.

For any guests reading this forum, we repudiate the above views of Washingtonian_For_Liberty on lethal force.

Ever heard of the First Amendment? The Antis want us to become self conscious about what we say and what we write. I refuse to give them the power to regulate what I say or write.

First, the cartoon is not an exact representation of reality. As is with most comedy (and it's funny to me), it has elements of the truth in it. Are we going to be cowed into silence by the Stalinists who don't want us to have any views? I refuse to buckle to the threat of "oooo you might give the antis ammo" (could have made another joke out of that one as well). They take even our most well thought out arguments completely out of context and plaster their propaganda and lies everywhere they can. Political cartoons like the one we've been posting are a way of illustrating truths through exaggeration.

As for my comments on making sure they're dead. If a masked man comes into my home at night with a weapon... I'm not going to try and wing him. Trying to wing him means I might miss. I'm going to put two shots to center mass and one to the head. I'm not going to play nice with robbers who break into my home when I have a wife and little daughter that could be hurt or killed if I don't neutralize the threat. If I shot the guy and he was running from my home, I would never shoot him unless he was running for his car.. I might shoot him as I would be afraid he might have a gun in his car. I will not wait to see if he does, only to get shot and leave my wife and daughter totally unprotected. I'm not without understanding of killing in self defense, and if they're masked, with a crowbar and in my house... I think I'm within my rights to kill them... or are we saying that guns are really just cool looking noisemakers that we're not supposed to ACTUALLY use?

sccrref

imported post

Citizen wrote:
<snip>For any guests reading this forum, we repudiate the above views of Washingtonian_For_Liberty on lethal force.<snip>

Please do not speak for me. I may or may not agree with a posters view or choice of words. That is for me to comment on. Speak for yourself. The poster of the comment you refer to did not say that we would make sure he is..... He posted I would make sure he is.....

I support the 1st as well as the 2nd and all of the other parts of the COTUS. I speak for myself on issues.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sccrref wrote:
Citizen wrote:
<snip>For any guests reading this forum, we repudiate the above views of Washingtonian_For_Liberty on lethal force.<snip>

Please do not speak for me. I may or may not agree with a posters view or choice of words. That is for me to comment on. Speak for yourself. The poster of the comment you refer to did not say that we would make sure he is..... He posted I would make sure he is.....

I support the 1st as well as the 2nd and all of the other parts of the COTUS. I speak for myself on issues.

When the poster is that far out of line, and continues to argue that he is right despite diplomatic attempts to get him onto the side of the angels, I'm going to repudiate it on behalf of myself and the numerous others on this forum who I personally know would also reject it.

That is the key point. I know with a high degree of certainty that many, many of the forum members would also reject his irresponsible gun handling.

However. I do understand your objection. From now on I will phrase it something like, "I am absolutely certain the vast majority of responsible gun owners on this forum would find [the comments] unacceptable."

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Citizen wrote:
When the poster is that far out of line, and continues to argue that he is right despite diplomatic attempts to get him onto the side of the angels, I'm going to repudiate it on behalf of myself and the numerous others on this forum who I personally know would also reject it.

That is the key point. I know with a high degree of certainty that many, many of the forum members would also reject his irresponsible gun handling.

However. I do understand your objection. From now on I will phrase it something like, "I am absolutely certain the vast majority of responsible gun owners on this forum would find [the comments] unacceptable."

Let them reject it then. You seem to have an oblique understanding of the First Amendment. Somehow you think that it only applies to those who toe the line. Are you now the arbiter of speech on this site? Do we now need to run our posts by the Czar of Speech Codes Citizen?

A diplomatic thug is just a thug. One who tells others to stop practicing their rights because he's afraid that the exercising of the right might play into the hands of the opposition is just as bad as the opposition, or maybe even worse as he claims to be standing up for Constitutional rights.... maybe it's just his rights he cares about.

When speech codes begin to control our lives out of fear.... we have already lost.

MetalChris

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I know with a high degree of certainty that many, many of the forum members would also reject his irresponsible gun handling
We should make it a poll. I for one am with Citizen on this one. ;)

sccrref

imported post

Citizen wrote:
sccrref wrote:
Citizen wrote:

Thank you Sir!!!!