• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any volunteers to speak with TMJ4?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I got an email request from Tom Murray at WTMJ in Milwaukee for "someone in the Milwaukee area who can speak out in favor of open carry." Any Milwaukee area OCer's want to volunteer? If so, send me a PM.

Max

imported post

TMJ emailed me, I called the reporter, he said they already had someone is south milwaukee. I told him great, that means I am off the hook. I told him, "I know open carry is the story, there is a story within the story. How can our governor, mayor of milwaukee, police chief of milwaukee publically state that are going to ignore our state and federal constititions and nobody is screaming about it. He said, "I will be talking to them and will ask them". I said great, make sure to ask them about the 2nd, 4th and 14th amendments of the US constitution.

I think reporters are as ignorant of constitutional rights as the politicians are save, "freedom of the press". What a country.

XDm-40_guy

imported post

Very glad to hear that a news station is finally going to give the topic a fair and equal view on the issue instead of being biased like stupid CBS 58. I always kinda thought TMJ4 would be the ones who would be best for our cause since i saw their story last fall about women and guns. They made it a positive story instead of a negative one like other news sources would. I found the link if anyone would like to read the story and/or watch the video. http://www.todaystmj4.com/features/specialassignment/33929094.html ...I hope they don't prove me wrong and give a great news story.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well I did the interview earlier today. My first time ever being interviewed by the news. I wish they could have asked me the questions twice, but whats done is done lol. I couldn't say everything I wanted to say about the mayor, doyle and the police chief ;). It might be on real soon.

Ben

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was confused about that myself. What I am guessing he's talking about is the permit they issue to those such as security, bank guards etc. non members of the state who carry without as many restrictions as regular citizens. I forget the name for it, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere.

Ben

XDm-40_guy

imported post

That could be. The only reason I could think of before reading your response was unless he didn't know all the gun laws yet and was used to his previous state of employment where they probably had to have permits to purchase or something...but yours prolly makes more sense

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BJA wrote:

Good job!

The MPD chief's reference to the permit tatooed on somebody's head seemed to me to be shorthand for saying the only way that one of his LEOs on the street would instantly know that a person with an openly carried gun was if the OCer had his permit openly visible (tattooed) on his head. Kind of a weird thought.

The chief is just not liking what the law is, so he is excercising the power he has to obstruct the implementation of the legislature's acts. He is coming dangerously close to acting criminally in his obstruction of the law.

He should be voted out of office immediately.

Max

imported post

You want to see my permit officer, no problem.

The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. Art. I, § 25 Wisconsin Constitution

Any questions?

tomm1963

imported post

The chief is just not liking what the law is, so he is excercising the power he has to obstruct the implementation of the legislature's acts. He is coming dangerously close to acting criminally in his obstruction of the law.

He should be voted out of office immediately.

I noticed his odd response as well.

Staple your permit.

What permit Chief?

The liberal east side Dems heads are spinning off their shoulders right now. And I am relishing every minute of it!

As far as voting him out...he's appointed by Barret and serves a set term. Other than on this issue I have been pretty happy with his performance. Anyone remember King Artie Jones?

Like I said in another thread. The dough heads that run Milwaukee only learn by getting their pants sued off. Leaving the taxpayers on the hook for their idiocy.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Wow, Just WOW!

the ignorance that abounds from our elected/appointed officials is astounding!

Didn't Milwaukee have some failed lawsuits where they wasted millions of taxpayers money trying to go after companies that produced lead-based paints? then some f'ed up suit against the tobacco industry too.

Nice interview, albeit short in time. this memo form the AG has certainly caused a schitt-storm among the politicians that are against our rights!