• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Respond to this anti-gun blog

SoldierMedic

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

It's funny how the educational demagogues can be so voracious in their lambasting of a movement like SCCC, considering the preponderance of evidence to the contrary of their arguments regarding schools being more safe with law abiding students and faculty going unarmed. You would think Virginia Tech alone would have caused them to rethink their position. I wonder the quality of education current JMU students are receiving if the intelligence of the faculty in general resembles the individual who created that blog. As another poster mentioned, James Madison would indeed be rolling over in his grave could he see his namesake now.

Neplusultra

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I think you are quite correct in your assessment of the dynamics of the anti-gunners. If you look how bigotry works, whether its anti-gun bigotry or bigotry on racial and religious grounds, there is a firmly-held, illogical belief that is so visceral and personal that an attempt at logical dissuasion is completely ineffective. I do use the term anti-gun BIGOTRY, since it does raise eyebrows, and hits liberals where they hurt: their overweening sense of how "tolerant" they are. I've seen some liberals have an epiphany when they are attacked or seriously threatened with harm. After that, it suddenly isn't so terrible to have a gun for self-defense. Where all the logic and reasonable discussion didn't make a dent, an event that is full of powerful negative emotion can immediately turn the tide.
As my father said, who I'm sure was quoting someone else; You cannot use reason to talk someone out of a position they did not use reason to talk themselves into. Or some such, I know I butchered it.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

nova wrote:
Commented again. Apparently they think that permit holders will snap randomly and go on shooting rampages at any time :?:banghead::uhoh:

But don't you, we do. Happens all the time. Just read the papers or turn on ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN and see the carnage wraught by gun nuts. Hear about it all the time.