• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Stop Man For Carrying Gun Out In Open

ChuckUFarley

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Swords were for sale, Obama pic was pushing it, but it did feature a gun, and in washington state too:p and the whole dog pic crashing thing was more or less OT to begin with, and went down the toilet real fast. You forgot the MOPP suit, AR mags, and USGI surplus I offered for sale too....

I understand the for sale ones, and honestly i dont have a problem with any of the posts, thats why i never said OT, and if it makes you feel better i got the link to the story from a Washington website.

You got a MOPP suit?:D

ChuckUFarley

imported post

HankT wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:
I still don't understand why cops hate citizens with guns. Is it because they want to be the only people with power? (I know not all cops but at least the ones in the media)

I don't know that it is cops in general who oppose citizens with guns.

But certainly goofballs like Chief Ed Flynnon a power trip when he promises that his "officers seeing anybody carrying a gun will put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide if the person has a right to carry it."

He is doing that because, well, because he can.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There seems to be alot more cases where the police are acting out of bounds and trying to force their opinions on people, case in point the ABC reporter who got arrested for trying to cover a rollover accident, it seems the rights of the people dont mean squat anymore.

ChuckUFarley

imported post

I agree with the WTF. The problem is that if there is an attorney with the city or county that tells a chief/sheriff that it is lawful to stop people for openly carrying then they have an opinion that differs from the AG. Neither carries weight of law but the local attorney's opinion would more than likely give the department and municipality immunity.

This case is not much different than Nichols, Kerlikowski, and the Seattle attorney telling them that they can enforce a no trespass because of the presence of a firearm. Both instances are wrong and will take a lawsuit to sort it out. Seattle will more than likely not receive immunity because of pre emption but that will be left up to a court/jurors.

I see your point, but it dosent take away my frustration with these issues, it used to be the Law Enforcemt agents tried to work with the people, i remember many times as a kid my old man talking with the local sherrif or the police chief / LT i cant remember but they would actually say things like your right i will tell my officers or i will take a look at it, now they wont even talk to you, and if you question what they are doing its STFU or i'll arrest you.

I miss America

ChuckUFarley

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Now it's all OT, so how about we stop pointing fingers and saying "nuh-uh, you are!" like 3rd graders, and try a little self moderation. A little OT isn't going to kill anyone, but major thread jacking should be kept to an absolute minimum. Sitting here on the thread arguing about it makes you all look ridiculous. If you want to start a pissing match, take it to PM.

Your right, sorry, back on Topic :uhoh:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

ChuckUFarley wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Swords were for sale, Obama pic was pushing it, but it did feature a gun, and in washington state too:p and the whole dog pic crashing thing was more or less OT to begin with, and went down the toilet real fast. You forgot the MOPP suit, AR mags, and USGI surplus I offered for sale too....

I understand the for sale ones, and honestly i dont have a problem with any of the posts, thats why i never said OT, and if it makes you feel better i got the link to the story from a Washington website.

You got a MOPP suit?:D
Yes I have a MOPP suit. Woodland cammo, size medium with the activated charcoal liner. Nearly new shape. $30 Oly pickup.