• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PA AND SC

spencer280

imported post

WHEN IF AT ALL DO YOU THINK SC WILL HAVE A RECIPROCATING AGREEMENT WITH PA PERMIT HOLDERS. WHEN I TRAVEL DOWN TO FL THAT IS THE ONLY STATE I HAVE TO TAKE MY GUN OFF AND SPERATE THE AMMO IT GETS OLD

Hef

imported post

1) You need to stop typing in all caps and start writing with proper capitalization and punctuation.

2) You can legally carry your handgun, loaded or not, in your glove box, center console, or any container with an integral locking fastener (though the glove box nor the center console are required to lock).

PT111

imported post

spencer280 wrote:
WHEN IF AT ALL DO YOU THINK SC WILL HAVE A RECIPROCATING AGREEMENT WITH PA PERMIT HOLDERS. WHEN I TRAVEL DOWN TO FL THAT IS THE ONLY STATE I HAVE TO TAKE MY GUN OFF AND SPERATE THE AMMO IT GETS OLD
Why do you have to separate the gun and ammo? As Hef pointed out stick it in your glove box or console. There is no need to separate the gun and ammo in SC in any case that I know of.

thejax

imported post

spencer280 wrote:
Same thing with New Jersey. Two boxes. One for the gun, one for the ammo. It gets so old I leave the damn thing at home. :cry:

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

spencer280 wrote:
WHEN IF AT ALL DO YOU THINK SC WILL HAVE A RECIPROCATING AGREEMENT WITH PA PERMIT HOLDERS.  WHEN I TRAVEL DOWN TO FL THAT IS THE ONLY STATE I HAVE TO TAKE MY GUN OFF AND SPERATE THE AMMO IT GETS OLD

I fully understand, I travel to NC from GA because my daughter goes to school out there and whenever I pass through SC I have to do that same thing and I hate it:cuss:

carryall

imported post

I can tell you this, as a South Carolina resident with a CWP, New Hampshire will resipricte with a non-resident CWP if you process the proper paper work. It is availble on line. Having received my NH non-resident CWP, I have had a huge swath of states become open to me to carry that where not otherwise acepting of my SC CWP. Look into that angle.
:monkey

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Hef wrote:
1) You need to stop typing in all caps and start writing with proper capitalization and punctuation.

2) You can legally carry your handgun, loaded or not, in your glove box, center console, or any container with an integral locking fastener (though the glove box nor the center console are required to lock).
DON'T FORGET SPELLING! LOOK TO THAT ANGLE. LOOK TO YOUR SPELL CHECKER.

hp-hobo

imported post

carryall wrote:
I can tell you this, as a South Carolina resident with a CWP, New Hampshire will resipricte with a non-resident CWP if you process the proper paper work. It is availble on line. Having received my NH non-resident CWP, I have had a huge swath of states become open to me to carry that where not otherwise acepting of my SC CWP. Look into that angle.
:monkey

Bad advise. South Carolina does not now, nor to the best of my knowledge ever has, recognize non-resident CWP's from other states. According to 23-31-215 (N);

"Valid out-of-state permits to carry concealable weapons held by a resident of a reciprocal state must be honored by this State, provided, that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. A resident of a reciprocal state carrying a concealable weapon in South Carolina is subject to and must abide by the laws of South Carolina regarding concealable weapons. SLED shall maintain and publish a list of those states as the states with which South Carolina has reciprocity."

Additionally, if you check the reciprocity map over at Carry Concealed, you'll see that adding PA plus NH does not equal SC. Math and guns all in one post.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.htm

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/reciprocity.php

And for the OP. Since people are giving you info without citation, take a look at 16-23-20 (9)(a). I would print it out (it's available as a Word product) and keep it handy while traveling

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t16c023.htm

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

A PA citizen should sue SC in federal court under 42 USC 1983 for breaching Art. IV privileges and immunities clause to force SC to both (1) allow non-residents to apply for SC's CHP and (2) not accepting their FL CHP merely on state citizenship grounds.

Until we get a few of these suits filed and won, this state citizenship discrimination crap will continue against gun owners.