• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TV News video captures consensual police encounter with Brad Krause open carrying!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Come on guys, You know as well as I do if the film crew was not on scene with their cameras rolling, it would have been a take-down, arrest and charged just like he was last time.

Does anyone have the West Allis police chiefs quote when he was interviewed after Brads trial where he was found Not Guilty? Maybe it could get posted?

I'll see if I can find it and post it so we can all remember clearly, it wasn't too different from "Commander Flynn's" tirade.

So, who do you think placed that call to the police? I would be willing to bet it was the same neighbor that opened upthis same can of worms last time! I bet the guy is worse than Mrs Cravats from the old TV show "Bewitched" (Lenny Lenny, look what they are doing across the street! Do something about it! Make them stop!)

demnogis

imported post

That's probably the on-camera response the caller was hoping for.

My hat goes off to Mr. Krause. Polite and educational in front of the cops and on camera.

Nutczak wrote:
Come on guys, You know as well as I do if the film crew was not on scene with their cameras rolling, it would have been a take-down, arrest and charged just like he was last time.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

All the more reason to have your own camera, and a friend.

Digital cameras are cheap now. You can have the video up on youtube in minutes. Can't steal and destroy that evidence, eh Big Brother?

apjonas

imported post

Rep. Young might very well cause fear or disturbance if he were to walk down an all-white neighborhood even in liberal Milwaukee or Madison at 2 a.m. Does that mean he gets arrested for disorderly conduct? The irrational thoughts/prejudices of others cannot be used to squelch individual rights.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Nutczak wrote:

Does anyone have the West Allis police chiefs quote when he was interviewed after Brads trial where he was found Not Guilty? Maybe it could get posted?

I'll see if I can find it and post it so we can all remember clearly, it wasn't too different from "Commander Flynn's" tirade.

So, who do you think placed that call to the police? I would be willing to bet it was the same neighbor that opened upthis same can of worms last time! I bet the guy is worse than Mrs Cravats from the old TV show "Bewitched" (Lenny Lenny, look what they are doing across the street! Do something about it! Make them stop!)
That made me chuckle, I'm pretty sure you meant Abner Kravitz - Lenny Kravitz probably wouldn't have a problem with what was going on in the street :cool: he's just happy to play his music.

MadtownTim

imported post

Let's say this bill passes. What happens with reloaders? The microstamping would be on the shell casing. Fire the same casing enough times, I would imagine that the micro-stamping would start to over-lap. I"m sure they'd find some way of getting the reloader for tampering with the micro-stamping system. :banghead:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MadtownTim wrote:
Let's say this bill passes. What happens with reloaders? The microstamping would be on the shell casing. Fire the same casing enough times, I would imagine that the micro-stamping would start to over-lap. I"m sure they'd find some way of getting the reloader for tampering with the micro-stamping system. :banghead:
Well, who says it would be rotated the same way... Even if the 'micro stamping' apparatus in the gun didn't break or wear off in a matter of a few dozen rounds fired, reloaded brass could have a dozen different gun's marks on it...

It's just a stupid idea who's supporters know is impossible and useless. Trying to sue gun Manufacturers for the actions of Criminals didn't work... This is just a way to legislate impossible requirements and shut down the industry with them.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Haven't they already "shut down" the industry?

Everywhere I go, I look for .45 acp and 9mm. Very seldom, I can find FMJ, but hollow points, ain't happening.

Woodchuck

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Haven't they already "shut down" the industry?

Everywhere I go, I look for .45 acp and 9mm.  Very seldom, I can find FMJ, but hollow points, ain't happening.

Try to find 10mm that they don't rape ya over the coals for.

Tree_Planter

imported post

Other than in West Allis, where officers saidpeople would be taken to the ground at gunpoint, I've had no problems. Police officers, lake patrol,game wardens, and store clerkswho've passed by have not mentioned anything about my appearance.

I did undergo a consensual stop for an inspection by a very courteous game warden who appeared as if he wanted to ask about only one thing, but proceeded to ask about everything under the sun that might be some sort ofviolation. He did not mention my hip accessory, nor find any violations.

I am regularly stopped by people that have intelligent questions or want to show appreciation for people exercising their rights. It's a rather unusual situation, as most people don't mention what they're talking about:

Out of the blue, a person says: "I really appreciate you carrying that." I'm carrying a fishing pole.

"I like fishing."

"No, the gun. I really appreciate you standing up for your rights."
I did get stopped by a gang of people under twenty years old specifically because of the openly carried sidearm. One ran away in fear when my dog looked him over (no leash), but returned shortly with about seven others who stoodwide-eyed at a safe distance. It was the most frightened gang I ever saw, and I honestly don't know if they were there for any reason other than to see if their fellow gang members standing in front of me lived through the encounter. The leader asked, "Would you shoot somebody?" and shortly thereafter said, "Well, I'm not gonna mess with you," and they walked away.

If there's a moral to the story it's: guns don't cause violence.

Pal

imported post

Brad_Krause wrote:
Other than in West Allis, where officers saidpeople would be taken to the ground at gunpoint, I've had no problems. Police officers, lake patrol,game wardens, and store clerkswho've passed by have not mentioned anything about my appearance.

I did undergo a consensual stop for an inspection by a very courteous game warden who appeared as if he wanted to ask about only one thing, but proceeded to ask about everything under the sun that might be some sort ofviolation. He did not mention my hip accessory, nor find any violations.

I am regularly stopped by people that have intelligent questions or want to show appreciation for people exercising their rights. It's a rather unusual situation, as most people don't mention what they're talking about:

Out of the blue, a person says: "I really appreciate you carrying that." I'm carrying a fishing pole.

"I like fishing."

"No, the gun. I really appreciate you standing up for your rights."
I did get stopped by a gang of people under twenty years old specifically because of the openly carried sidearm. One ran away in fear when my dog looked him over (no leash), but returned shortly with about seven others who stoodwide-eyed at a safe distance. It was the most frightened gang I ever saw, and I honestly don't know if they were there for any reason other than to see if their fellow gang members standing in front of me lived through the encounter. The leader asked, "Would you shoot somebody?" and shortly thereafter said, "Well, I'm not gonna mess with you," and they walked away.

If there's a moral to the story it's: guns don't cause violence.
:celebrateBrad, you have done a such great job. I watched your video several times, and I love it.

Thanks again, carry on...:celebrate