• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Mexico Indian Reservations?

Trainer23

imported post

:question: Anyone have experience with OC or CCW on NM reservations?

I believe that the roadways that pass through reservations are OK to carry, but if one leaves the highway and travels on the tribal roads they must have permission of the tribe. You may know better. What about stopping at a quick stop or other business? What is your understanding or experience? Has anyone ever asked for or received permission?

Let’s try to create a list of New Mexico tribal lands and their acceptance of carrying on their reservations.

Trainer23

imported post

Found the following about PUEBLO OF SAN ILDEFONSO

San Ildefonso Pueblo Code

Sec. 13.9 - Carrying Concealed Weapon.

Any person who shall go about in public places armed with a dangerous weapon concealed upon his person unless he otherwise shall have a permit signed by the Governor and/or Judge [I assume that this means tribal Governor], shall be deemed guilty of the offense and upon conviction thereof, shall be sentenced to confinement for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days or to pay a fine not to exceed $150.00 or both, with costs. Dangerous weapons within the meaning of the foregoing shall be construed to mean: Air gun, blow gun, explosive device, pistol, or other firearm, and any type of knife which the blade exceeds 3 inches, and any other instrument capable of lethal use, possessed under circumstances not appropriate for lawful use.

http://thorpe.ou.edu/codes/san-ildefonso/san-ildefonso.html#sec13.9

http://www.handgunlaw.us/# has a link to Indian Nations