• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry on Amtrack property?

maxnobknee

imported post

I know that it is illegal to carry on the train itself, or in checked baggage but what about on the property itself? I am dropping off a friend who is going to Wash D.C. which leaves a 3a.m. No, way am I going into dowtown Cincinnati not carrying. Any advice would be appreciated.

Legba

imported post

Not familiar - sorry. Is it a law or just Amtrack policy to ban guns? Even airlines let you transport a gun in checked baggage, so that's odd. Seems like they ought to have signage at the station door like anywhere else if carrying thereis prohibited, but I'd hate to advise you wrong.

-ljp

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

It is a not a crime under federal law to transport or carry guns on AMTRAk trains; purportedly it violates their policy, so I suppose they could ask you to leave the train.